[SOLVED] Ryzen 4k laptop

hlias_amarandithis

Commendable
Jan 7, 2018
Hello guys. I am searching for a new laptop and I was always a desktop dude so I don't know much for laptops. Because I travel often I am in a need of a laptop that can manage drawing programs like solidworks for my job and if free time to play some games. After a long search I found some workstation laptops and some laptops. I finally ended up with a Asus a15 ryzen 4900h laptop with 16gb and rtx 2060 gpu. I was reading that this laptops have issues with temperatures, bad vent system and not a good screen. Is this true? Does this laptop can cover my needs? Does it worth buying a 4800 or 4900h laptop? Any other opinions? Thanks a lot for your time reading this.

Solution
The asus zephyrus g14 is probably your best bet for "do it all" machine that still looks very clean and has good construction.

The dell xps 15 (the new one) is very good too, and has really good build quality with similar enough (intel) specs.

The asus a15 is not a bad laptop, but you should realize its from the TUF lineup, which is the more "budget gaming" optimized lineup.

It has mediocre build quality and only high hz screen options, pretty sure no 4k option on it, but im not sure.
I dont think it would be a bad laptop, but dont expect it to be the best laptop, though it should be solid for its lower price tag.
The asus zephyrus g14 is probably your best bet for "do it all" machine that still looks very clean and has good construction.

The dell xps 15 (the new one) is very good too, and has really good build quality with similar enough (intel) specs.

The asus a15 is not a bad laptop, but you should realize its from the TUF lineup, which is the more "budget gaming" optimized lineup.

It has mediocre build quality and only high hz screen options, pretty sure no 4k option on it, but im not sure.
I dont think it would be a bad laptop, but dont expect it to be the best laptop, though it should be solid for its lower price tag.

Reactions: hlias_amarandithis
Solution

hlias_amarandithis

Commendable
Jan 7, 2018

I guess the zephyruys G15 is the same build as the g14 right?

Best system for work is a workstation laptop with a 3 yr warranty on it with enough cooling to handle running the CPU and video card at good speeds. Do not look for anything in the slim range. I've pretty much never had any issues with Lenovo systems although for the laptops you should get, the P models, they are fairly pricey compared to others. Reliability and construction is top notch however.

Sep 19, 2020
Hello there,

Yes, even I have heard about some issues with ASUS a15 Ryzen 4900h laptop. One of my friends did complain about overheating issues on the device. But, he used to run the device for around 16 hours every day. Apart from this issue, it is a great laptop for sure. I'd recommend that you check out the following options:
  • MSI WS65 9TM
  • Dell Precision 7730
  • ASUS StudioBook Pro W700G3T
  • HP Zbook Studio x360
Glad to be of any help! Cheers!