Ryzen 5 1500x and B350 Tomahawk compatible?

Jul 6, 2018
I ordered a Ryzen 5 1500x and a MSI B350 tomahawk and I heard that people are having trouble with compatibility due to the bios version on the b350 being 1.0 when the 1500x needs 1.1, so what I am asking is that will my B350 tomahawk be updated to 1.1 already or will it be 1.0 and not compatible or does the version of the bios not matter anymore? Thanks its my first pc build and I'm nervous

Solution
There might be a sticker on the box which states what BIOS version is installed. the 1500X does require an earlier version of BIOS, so there's a chance it's already installed. The initial version is 1.0. The 1500X only requires version 1.1.

-Wolf sends

Check the board info to see if there's anything referencing the BIOS version. There's no way to know until you try and put it together to see if it'll work. If anything, you can try and return that board for a more recently produced one that has the BIOS already updated if it doesn't work on first boot.

As Wolf said, it's on the support list and is a first gen (Summit Ridge) processor and thus *shouldn't* have any issues. If you were going with a Zen+ (Pinnacle Ridge), you'd absolutely run into issues and would require a boot kit to make it work.

Jul 6, 2018

Damn. Can you recommend me a motherboard that would be compatible with a Ryzen 1500x right away?

Jul 6, 2018

Alright i'll take a look at the version when it gets here maybe i'll be lucky, thanks for the reply!

Wolfshadw

Titan
There might be a sticker on the box which states what BIOS version is installed. the 1500X does require an earlier version of BIOS, so there's a chance it's already installed. The initial version is 1.0. The 1500X only requires version 1.1.

-Wolf sends

Solution