Ryzen 5 1500x board.

Idifferent

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hey everyone last week i ordered my PC parts to build my first PC.

CPU:Ryzen 5 1500x
GPU: Gicabyte GTX 1050 Ti OC 4 GB
Ram: 2x4 GB DDR4 3000mhz
PS:600W
Motherboard:MSI B350 Tomahawk
My issue is:So i put everything together I've watched a video wich was verry accurate i turn on the PC first time everything works except the fans from GPU.I let it run for about 30 minutes PC still doesn't boot into BIOS,so i looked around the internet and saw a method to try and boot PC just with GPU/CPU and one stick of RAM still didn't work another 30 minutes screen was still black.The day i built it i took it to a PC store nothing fancy just normal PC store,they called me next day and told me that BIOS doesn't recognize my CPU so PC won't boot.He told me to send back the motherboard so they update its BIOS but since i bought it from amazon it may take longer than i except already sent it back and get a refund.Anyone can help me out with this or suggest me a motherboard for Ryzen 5 1500x that actually works?Thank you.
P.S. Sorry if i posted in wrong section.

Tomahawk should boot with a 1500x even on a first revision bios

Its recommended to update the bios soon as you're up & running for stability reasons

1. What model/spec ram is that you're running ?
2. You do have the monitor connected to the 1050ti itself & not one of the motherboard video outputs??

Idifferent

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Ram is a Corsair Vengeance LPX
And yes i tried both yes first connected to GPU directly then mobo :/
Thank you for fast reply!

Idifferent

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Hi yes i do have a HDMI connection and alright,i will try again.. will be back once i put up together everything.