[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1500x Low Frames

swagT_T_

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
So I don’t know if this has something to do with my CPU or GPU but I feel like as if I’m getting lower frames than what I should be getting to my PC on fortnite my specs are is:
Ryzen 5 1500x
GTX 1060 6gb
16gb ram dual channel @ 2400mhz
Corsair CX 550 PSU
Asus B350-F Mobo
I run on all low settings @ 1444x1080 with only discord and sometimes Spotify in the background, I get around 80-110 frames in tilted and during build battles and or just when a decent amount of players are around I drop to 70-80 and I have a 144hz monitor so it feels really choppy and not smooth at all.

Solution
Your best options here are too either lower the settings or (im not sure what you have right now) getting an ssd to see if that has to do with the slowdown due to rendering errors. It could just be your hard drive throttling your CPU by not loading in all of the textures as fast as your CPU and GPU can display them, therefor slowing down the system overall.
Jun 19, 2018
Your best options here are too either lower the settings or (im not sure what you have right now) getting an ssd to see if that has to do with the slowdown due to rendering errors. It could just be your hard drive throttling your CPU by not loading in all of the textures as fast as your CPU and GPU can display them, therefor slowing down the system overall.

Solution