[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 AF speed problem

lukat

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
Hello so ive got a problem with my cpu, its an Ryzen 5 1600 AF, since its an ITX build my cooling isnt perfect and when it was at 3.2GHz it was perfect, but now for no reason it stays at 3.6 without droping event tho its set in ryzen master and in uefi to max 3.2GHz. Help is really appriciated.

Solution
Not exacly, i just dont want it to run at its max speeds, because then its too hot for stock cooler in an itx case.
I see and that is understandable.

What motherboard are you running? on many b450 and b550 boards there is a BIOS setting to limit the platform thermal temperature. Set it to something like 80 or 85C (perfectly safe for a Ryzen CPU) and when it reaches that temperature it will just limit the clocks to keep from rising above. But short of that you get full performance from the CPU.

On my mATX b350 board there's a way to lower the effective TDP of the CPU...from 65W to say 45W. That will let it use the full power of the CPU for lighter loads and then lower the clock only when it starts to get heavier, to limit the...

lukat

Commendable
Jan 4, 2021
ryzen master is tied to bios, see if bios update resolves your issue
if not, go to power management in windows settings and set cpu min/max state to something lower than 100%, that should reduce your cpu clock
Well i tried to do thatbut all is good in bios and i set it to balanced but it makes a squecky sound when i start a video game and look at temps

Hello so ive got a problem with my cpu, its an Ryzen 5 1600 AF, since its an ITX build my cooling isnt perfect and when it was at 3.2GHz it was perfect, but now for no reason it stays at 3.6 without droping event tho its set in ryzen master and in uefi to max 3.2GHz. Help is really appriciated.
How are you setting the clock to 3.2Ghz? are you fixing the multiplier at 32? if so, you might try turning off (disabling) Cool n Quiet.

Not exacly, i just dont want it to run at its max speeds, because then its too hot for stock cooler in an itx case.
I see and that is understandable.

What motherboard are you running? on many b450 and b550 boards there is a BIOS setting to limit the platform thermal temperature. Set it to something like 80 or 85C (perfectly safe for a Ryzen CPU) and when it reaches that temperature it will just limit the clocks to keep from rising above. But short of that you get full performance from the CPU.

On my mATX b350 board there's a way to lower the effective TDP of the CPU...from 65W to say 45W. That will let it use the full power of the CPU for lighter loads and then lower the clock only when it starts to get heavier, to limit the temperature.

Those are tricks more similar to how a laptop would function, a paradigm your system fits.

Solution