ezioxtz

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys!
So i just upgraded my actual PC. Before i had an ASUS M5A97, FX 8350 and 8 gb ram ddr3, and now i switched them to an ASUS prime B450M-K, Ryzen 5 1600 AF (with the stock cooler!), and 16 gb ram ddr4 3000mhz.
Now the thing is that the temperature seems a bit high in idle. I mean, when i boot the PC the temp it starts 38-40 degrees, but after i start using it, like browsing, social media etc, it starts rising up to 50 degrees and kinda stays there.
Now i tested in gaming too, there i don't see any problems, it goes max up to 60 and never more. Should there be a problem with something, will it reduce the CPU lifetime? Should i try setting in bios on turbo CPU fan?
The thing is i went to a firm to put up the PC together because i don't know to do it myself, should i go back to tell them something is wrong or is the temperature ok?
I will insert this image (<<< PICTURE) with the temps, this is the PC after leaving a game open for like half an hour and then left it in idle for an hour or so. And i see the motherboard has high temperatures too, but on AI suit 3 it shows that it is 35 degrease so i guess TMPIN1 is for the mobo?
Thank you very much for taking the time to read!
P.S.: i havent checked my old FX temps in a while but i'm really sure the temps were a lot lower.

Solution
Your temperature is totally fine for a Ryzen on a stock cooler. It's even better than normal. Some people will see 80C+ with the stock cooler.

If your CPU stay under 80-85C you are fine.

ezioxtz

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you very much for the fast replies guys! :D I didn't expect this answers, i was frustrated all day about this, you really helped me relieve some pressure here.

It's quite impressive actually if your CPU doesn't go over 60C on the stock cooler. You sure that it doesn't go over 60C in games if you look at your temperature with Ryzen Master?

I downloaded ryzen master and i'll play some game then leave it on for a while and check back with you but i had like 3 other temperature program on and all said the same until now :sweatsmile:

Thank you very much for the fast replies guys! :D I didn't expect this answers, i was frustrated all day about this, you really helped me relieve some pressure here.

I downloaded ryzen master and i'll play some game then leave it on for a while and check back with you but i had like 3 other temperature program on and all said the same until now :sweatsmile:

Just finish your day while being in peace and calm and have some great time for the end of 2020! We sure need as much good time as we can at the end of this crazy year! :)

Reactions: Phaaze88