Question Ryzen 5 1600 help (is my PSU enough?)

Apr 28, 2019
Hello there. I´m kinda new to this forum. I have a question.
I´m upgrading my mobo and CPU; my new build with look like this:

Motherboard: Asrock X370 KILLER SLI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
CPU cooler: ID-cooling SE-214
RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666Mhz
GPU: Asrock RX570 8gb
PSU: Corsair RM550X
3 fans on my case, 1 SSD and 1 HDD 7200RPM, and 1 DVD drive.

My question is: Is it gonna be safe to overclock the cpu with this build (most likely with this PSU)?
GPU is stock; and maybe I´m gonna be replacing the HDD with another SSD. And removing the DVD drive.

Apr 28, 2019
@Rook_4 CPU and MOBO haven´t really arrived yet :sweatsmile: . And also, I never did OC to anything, so I´m gonna be reading some post the next few weeks to be sure how to do it properly.
I was just a little worried at if the wattage of my PSU would be enought to make an OC CPU work properly whitout issues at all.

Apr 28, 2019
Since I hate when my computer sounds like an airplane when temperatures rise, I was thinking about a soft OC just to give the CPU a little bit of extra power without compromising temperatures (not too much, i mean).
Thanks btw, i´m more confident now about overclocking with my build:giggle:.

Overclocking doesn't boost power requirements over stock by much, few % maybe. As far as PSU is concerned, it's stability is of more importance. You should always have a PSU that's at least 25-33% stronger than maximum expected requirement, so any OC would also be covered.

Apr 28, 2019
Overclocking doesn't boost power requirements over stock by much, few % maybe. As far as PSU is concerned, it's stability is of more importance. You should always have a PSU that's at least 25-33% stronger than maximum expected requirement, so any OC would also be covered.
Yeah. I used an online calculator. Was told that overall power consumption was around 400W. 30% of 400 is 120. So I thought that a 80 plus gold efficiency PSU would be enough. Was I wrong?