Reputable
Apr 5, 2015
All my computer parts arrived today main ones are
Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
MSI B350-M Gaming Pro Motherboard
Silverstone Strider Essential 500W
Corsair 2x8gb of DDR4 2400 mhz ram
Gigabyte 1060 6GB Windforce GPU
Built it with my mate earlier on today as was my first build and needed some guidance. Took our time but came together well, we made sure everything was connected and that we werent missing out anything. Connected a HDMI cable into GPU back to monitor and booted pc up. LED's came on and fans started spinning, nothing out of the ordinary. Waited around 15 seconds and nothing showed up. Mobo hadnt beeped or made a noise so nothing was extremely wrong. Keep in mind that the MOBO Bios version is most likely still stock from when it released so im not sure if that could be a problem to work with my CPU, Even if it needs to be updated how will i even update it as i have nothing to look at! Read around that some Ryzen boots take ages so i gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited around a minute. Still nothing. At this point ive searched multiple forums and tried multiple trouble shoots. Still, no posting but everything seems to be working fine. I read in one forum that Ryzen 5 1600 doesnt have integrated graphics therefor the mobo wont actually show up. How exactly will i get this to work then (I'am still noob to PC's) Im extremely frustrated and am on my last legs with this situation. Im begging anyone to come forward with solutions or even thoughts to as why this isnt posting.
Cheers

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from KaptainJ : "Ryzen 5 1600/MSI B350 MOBO Build not Posting"