[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 or 3500 with rx 580. Which combo to go with. Also Should I buy it in August 2020 or should I wait for the price drop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rdhaval01

Prominent
Jul 29, 2020
Hello guys. I am a bit tight on budget so I am planning to buy ryzen 5 1600 or 3500 cpu along with rx 580 gpu. I am planning to buy the combo in August 2020 but I am confused whether I should go for 1600 or 3500. I also heard that amd is going to introduce new ryzen cpu's in the month of september 2020 and the prices of the older ryzen version will drop down. So my question is, will the price really drop down and I should wait for it or I should go ahead and buy the combo next month? Also guide me whether i should pair up rx 580 with r5 1600 or 3500. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
Imposible to know if AMD will bring all the new CPUs in september or only the high end ones, imposible to know how much will they take to get into the market, imposible to know if the old chips will go down fast enough (this will depend, among other things, on the old cpus stock, and the availability of the new ones).

As for which one you should get, right now I would go with the Ryzen 5 3500, for multiplayer FPS and esport titles, it will be the best choice. For everything else, and a mix of workloads like content creation + gaming the 1600 would be my choice.

If you are planing on streaming while gaming, keep in mind you could use a GPU for the streaming work, in this case I would really aim for an nvidia GPU, If the only thing...
Jul 29, 2020
Hello guys. I am a bit tight on budget so I am planning to buy ryzen 5 1600 or 3500 cpu along with rx 580 gpu. I am planning to buy the combo in August 2020 but I am confused whether I should go for 1600 or 3500. I also heard that amd is going to introduce new ryzen cpu's in the month of september 2020 and the prices of the older ryzen version will drop down. So my question is, will the price really drop down and I should wait for it or I should go ahead and buy the combo next month? Also guide me whether i should pair up rx 580 with r5 1600 or 3500. Your replies will be much appreciated. Thank you.
I would diffidently recommend the 1600af because it has more threads with the same amount of cores and the price difference isn't that big. You should get more performance for the price with the 1600af assuming you are getting it for around 100 dollars. If you are going anywhere above 110 dollars though I would recommend to just buy the far superior 3600 for around 150 dollars on amazon as this cpu is the current budget and price to performance king.