[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 or Ryzen 5 3600 to pair with my gtx 1060 3gb

Jan 27, 2020
Hi everyone

Was wondering which cpu should i get for my upgrade. I currently have a i5 4570 and want to upgrade to something that will keep me in the long run. I understand that the 3600 is way better than the 1600 and its a newer chip but i dont think ill be changing anything in my build for a while until i get some more cash. Currently i can get the ryzen 5 1600 with a b450 - m2 pro max mobo and 16 gb 3200mhz ram for about R4300( Im in South Africa using currency rands) and i can get the 3600 with the same mobo and ram fro R6300. There is also a I5 9400f i could buy thats between those price point at R5500 but i want to think at least long term. i know i would have to change the generation if i would get a later i5 or just buy an cheaper 9th gen cpu in the future. I already asked about the i5 9400f on here but ive been looking at ryzen more lately. i also know that a 2600 would be an in between cpu but i cant find a seller or the place i want to buy by doesnt have it. I would just like something that could keep me for sometime and would be too hard to upgrade in the future. Also wondering would my frames be too impacted between the 1600 and 3600 with my gtx 1060 3gb?

I use my pc mostly for gaming and the type of games i play is need for speed heat, star wars fallen order, rainbow 6 siege and CSGO. Ill also be play the new resident evil 3 remake and other new games coming out this year.
I would love to hear feedback from anyone that can help.
Thank you

Solution
IMO, the 1600 is just 'ok', while the 3600 is 'very good'....!

Either might make you happy, but, especially once upgrading GPUs (which will likely be necessary sooner rather than later for any newer games), the 3600 has much more 'untapped potential frame rates' waiting...and will be decent for a few years, minimum....
IMO, the 1600 is just 'ok', while the 3600 is 'very good'....!

Either might make you happy, but, especially once upgrading GPUs (which will likely be necessary sooner rather than later for any newer games), the 3600 has much more 'untapped potential frame rates' waiting...and will be decent for a few years, minimum....

Solution
Jan 27, 2020
I was thinking the 3600 would be the best deal. Ill get it now rather than later then i would only have to upgrade my gpu when the time comes instead of the cpu and gpu.
Thank you very much