[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 Speed Not Working

Lucky_Dice

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Everytime I try to OC my cpu, it always stay in the range of 3.2 - 3.3ghz even though it says it's base speed is 3.8ghz. This is being said in task manager and CPU-Z. I choose to overclock in BIOS because every time I try to overclock in Ryzen Master it ask me to restart my system and when I do it does literally nothing. I'm not quite sure what I should do anymore, every time I overclock it changes nothing, it only says its base speed is higher

Solution

Which motherboard, memory do you have and what CPU cooler are you using?

Using RyzenMaster, make sure you're not trying to change any RAM speed or voltage settings because that will require a reboot. It will also require a reboot if you change SMT or number of active cores. Also any overclock settings have to be at defaults in BIOS or you'll sometimes get unexpected results.

Lucky_Dice

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I'm using an A320 GAMING PRO MSI Motherboard, and I'm using the Wrath Spire Cooler that comes with the Ryzen 5 1600

A320 chipsets do not support overclocking the CPU so that is your problem right there. Your R5 1600 is spec'd to operate at a base speed of 3.2G, with boosts as high as 3.6Ghz.

Solution
Apr 9, 2018
U need at least an asus b350 mobo o any other mobo from MSI gigabyte etc for overclock and my performance with r5 1600 in benchmarking is so small 3.2 with bost to 3.4 is a bit smaller than 3.75 if that makes any sense u get crazy speed if u set up everything on full speed like the VCR soc line performance to maximum and so on just stay at 3.2 with ddr 4 at 2400 best performance and no struggle with overclock