[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 with Gigabyte b450 aorus M

Feb 19, 2020
I want to build a system with ryzen 5 1600 + Gigabyte B450 aorus M. My question is - "Do i have to update the mobo bios to run the 1600 or is it supported out of the box ?"

Solution
If having lets say 3200mhz then you will have to enable DOCP to make it run that fast.

Might be good to update the bios anyway for better system performance,but that is up to you. Make sure to read the notes before updating!

Some manufacturers have steps that need to be taken,like first updating the amd chipset drivers which i would do anyway by now since too many ask for it and it might be necessary to update to an in between bios to get to the latest.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If having lets say 3200mhz then you will have to enable DOCP to make it run that fast.

Might be good to update the bios anyway for better system performance,but that is up to you. Make sure to read the notes before updating!

Some manufacturers have steps that need to be taken,like first updating the amd chipset drivers which i would do anyway by now since too many ask for it and it might be necessary to update to an in between bios to get to the latest.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS