Question Ryzen 5 1600 with Rx 6700

satyap

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hello everyone i have a ryzen 5 1600 cpu will that be fine with Radeon Rx 6700 how about gaming performance will it be down please guide me I am very much confused .

Hello everyone i have a ryzen 5 1600 cpu will that be fine with Radeon Rx 6700 how about gaming performance will it be down please guide me I am very much confused .

There are two very important things to keep in mind:

1. What you consider "fine"?
  2. Whats your PSU brand and model.

Then there are a few others things to keep in mind to:

1. What are you going to use the PC for? (probably gaming, but one can't never be 100% sure)
  2. It will be best if you list your full system specs, using brand and model of each part.
  3. If its gaming, you didn't tell us at What resolution?
  4. If its gaming, you didn't mention what type of games are you going to use.

Preliminary answer: If your PSU is good enough that RX 6700 should work, but you will be limiting the GPU performance at every resolution from 720p to 4k. The R5 1600 is a very good CPU but there are way, way better cpus available right now.

Last edited:

DavidM012

Distinguished
Here's some benchmarks of the 1600 with rx 6700 looks like you could do 1440p @ 75hz if your monitor supports it or at least 60hz. (probably depends on the title).

Though maybe should upgrade the cpu (will probably get you nearer 1440p @ 144hz) with a Zen 3, if your monitor supports 144hz.

At the hi end folks are looking at 240hz (or 240 fps) so you can dig into all that of whether the difference is really perceptible over 60hz anyway if you upgrade your CPU you'll be able to upgrade to windows 11 too since 1st gen ryzen doesn't meet the min. requirements for it. You might want to see the list of cpus win 11 supports.

There will be (mostly older) games where the fps is insane where newer titles are a bit heavier with lower fps and nearer to 60/144hz at various resolutions.

Last edited:

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Yes the 1600 will be limiting you. Will it be a major drop in performance compared to let's say a 5600? Yes.

The nice thing is when you're ready to upgrade, just drop in a 5xxx series CPU and you'll get a substantial, noticable boost in games and the PC performance in general.