[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600AF needs bios update?

StefanVALENTIN

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
Hello guys, I'm looking for an upgrade and I want to buy R5 1600 AF + Asus Prime A320M-K MoBo, do I need to update the bios or something to work well?

Solution
Yes I do to update? I don't really understand what you said, 1000 series don't need a BIOS update?

Its my first time upgrading the CPU so yeah, make it clear, do I need to update the BIOS?

Yes you do. The 1600AF is really a slightly less powerful 2600 and it's on a smaller process than the original 1000 series, it should be treated like a 2000 series chip.

StefanVALENTIN

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
According to their supported CPU's list, here, yes you do since all other 1000 series Ryzen processors don't need a BIOS udpate.

Yes I do to update? I don't really understand what you said, 1000 series don't need a BIOS update?

Its my first time upgrading the CPU so yeah, make it clear, do I need to update the BIOS?

Yes you do. The 1600AF is really a slightly less powerful 2600 and it's on a smaller process than the original 1000 series, it should be treated like a 2000 series chip.

Reactions: StefanVALENTIN
Solution