[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600x ideal temps

Arock2005

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
My cpu was ideling at 39c stock frequencies. I then tried to make it better only to make it worse. Idk what setting in the bios I changed but now I’m ideling at 40c to 50c. Any help please. My cooler is a Corsair h100iv2

Solution
I have reset my bios many times. Maybe there is a setting I had on before when I was ideling at 39c and gaming at 60c no I idel at 40 to 50c and game at 60 to 65 up. My room temp is around 77f
Idling at 50°C its a bit high but gaming at 65°C it just fine.
Which program are you using to check temps?
Which case do you have?
What's the fan speed on the h100iv2 cooler?

Idk I just always see people idel around 35 on a stock cooler
I have a system (see signature) that idles around 28°C when the room temperature is 70°F( 21°C), but it idles at 36-41°C when the room temperature is above 78°F (26°C ).
When I game or stress the system it goes above 68°C. If it stays below 80°C while gaming I do not worry about it.
Having...
My cpu was ideling at 39c stock frequencies. I then tried to make it better only to make it worse. Idk what setting in the bios I changed but now I’m ideling at 40c to 50c. Any help please. My cooler is a Corsair h100iv2
40°C is a very good idle temperature.
What's your ambient room temperature?
Maybe you changed the cooler fan speed to a lower setting.
Reset the BIOS to default settings to undo any changes.
Use Ryzen Master to monitor CPU temperature...other apps might give you false temps readings.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Last edited:
I’m no expert on this but 40C on a stock clocked 1600x on watercooling is good? Definitely doesn’t seem right to me.
I have a similar CPU, the same watercooler on two PCs in different rooms (see signature) and they have different temperatures. One 28°C in a cool room and the other 41°C in a warmer room.
Depending on room temperature and fan speed 40°C it's OK.
Just because a PC is watercooled it doesn't mean is not affected by the same physics as an air cooled system.

Arock2005

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
I’m no expert on this but 40C on a stock clocked 1600x on watercooling is good? Definitely doesn’t seem right to me

Have you checked to make sure it’s mounted properly and making good contact? What’s your airflow situation like?
I have reinstalled it and I have those fans up front as Intake and 3 in the back as exhaust

Arock2005

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Don’t recall saying that. Just that he is using watercooling which is generally better than the stock cooler and his CPU is still idling at 39C, seems pretty high
That’s what I thought. My brothers PC idels at 35c stock. Even when I let my PC down lock to 2.2 ghz while at idle it didn’t help

Arock2005

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
40°C is a very good idle temperature.
What's your ambient room temperature?
Maybe you changed the cooler fan speed to a lower setting.
Reset the BIOS to default settings to undo any changes.
Use Ryzen Master to monitor CPU temperature...other apps might give you false temps readings.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master
I have reset my bios many times. Maybe there is a setting I had on before when I was ideling at 39c and gaming at 60c no I idel at 40 to 50c and game at 60 to 65 up. My room temp is around 77f

Idling at 50°C its a bit high but gaming at 65°C it just fine.
Which program are you using to check temps?
Which case do you have?
What's the fan speed on the h100iv2 cooler?

Idk I just always see people idel around 35 on a stock cooler
I have a system (see signature) that idles around 28°C when the room temperature is 70°F( 21°C), but it idles at 36-41°C when the room temperature is above 78°F (26°C ).
When I game or stress the system it goes above 68°C. If it stays below 80°C while gaming I do not worry about it.
Having different hardware, PC case, air flow, room temperatures affects the system temperatures.

Solution