Ryzen 5 1600X idling at 50°C & Push/Pull Questions

evanlp

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
So my Ryzen 5 1600X is idling at 50°C in Corsair Link but in the AMD Ryzen Master program, it's telling me it's running at 30°C. My BIOS tells me 30°C as well, sooo is this a Corsair Link problem or which one do I trust? I understand everything is pretty new, so many issues will come forth but I thought I'd let people know and ask. Also, I have a push/pull configuration on my H100i v2 on the top of my case as an exhaust. I replaced the stock fans with some of Corsairs SP120 High Static Pressure fans on both sides and was wondering if it was better if I just switched back to the stock fans on the bottom (push) but kept the SP120s on the top (pull) of the radiator 100%? (The CPU tends to spike from 30 to 45°C often (dunno if that's good ;p)) One more question! Since I have the SP120s replacing the stock fans of my H100i, and that they're 12V fans, I'm assuming I change the CPU_FAN header in BIOS from PMW to 12V, right? And let the other two on the top run 100% on some Molex connectors or on the mobo if I wanted. Thanks!

P.S. I also noticed that the CPU temperature is not listed in MSI Afterburner ;/

Corsair SP120: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L64NYBG/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

My specs:
Ryzen 5 1600X
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Corsair H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair RMX 850W Power Supply
MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Case
Microsoft Windows 10 Home

WildCard999

Titan
AMD Ryzen Master is the correct temp. If I where to mix two different fans for a push/pull I'd want them to to be the same on both sides of the radiator so they would have equal air pressure if that makes sense.
(SF-Stock Fan, AM-Aftermarket)

SF AM
RADIATOR
SF AM

evanlp

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Thanks for the reply! I've also run into the issue with the RAM clocking in at 2133mhz, it seems they need a new BIOS update to fix it, hopefully soon. I guess I'll keep the AM fans on cooler. Thanks!

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
If your case allows for front radiator mount, i suggest you do that, since you have an open air shroud video card that blows heated air into the pc case here is a video that address this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves

Push-pull from my experience adds noice much more than it reduces temp, you could do a pull fan mount to easier dust the radiator should you need to.

your temps are fine and you should worry about load temps as iddle 30C its pretty normal and does not tell you if there is sufficient cooling on the cpu.

WildCard999

Titan

Agreed, the BIOS update should fix it although it still may require you to go into the BIOS to manually set the speed.

evanlp

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

I know right, I tried to manually clock it at 2933mhz, but it wouldn't boot. So now I'm stuck at 2133mhz ;( Seems a lot of people are dealing with the same issue.

evanlp

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016

Thanks for the reply! I wish I could do a front mount, but in order for me to that, it requires me to take out my HDD bays because it's too thick. As of right now, I can't remove them because they are currently holding my 2 HDDs. Glad to hear about the temps, I thought the spiking was normal, but I just was checking in, especially with the new AM4 processors and stuff. The video helps a lot, I'll see what I can do.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016

well if you leave that 1600x stock vcore , the vcore will jump to 1.42v+ to hit XFR at 4.1ghz, so yeah idle temps would be high since it does hold 1.42v even after the XFR period

also where are you getting the CPU temps from ? Package Node or Motherboard CPU sensor ?

for my Ryzen + AsRock board, air cooling , Hyper 212 + JetFlow fan
CPU idles about 30c but bios always reports Package Node so that's about 49c+
CPU load hits 54c and Package Node 67c+
so there's a weird offset of 19 c under idle , with more load the offset shrinks to 12c

you can always set vcore to 1.35v ( - your moherboard offset ) with a fixed clock

TRENDING THREADS