[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600x

Feb 1, 2019
I recently bought a new cpu for my gaming pc (ryzen 5 1600x). At the begining i didn't thought on overclocking but now it catched my mind. I am hunting 4 ghz, but when I opened ryzen masters i saw that in idle it jumps all around the voltages. I want to know is that okay when it goes from 1.1v to 1.5v. and is 1.4 volts okay for 4ghz. I tried it at 1.3895v and it crashed after 20 minutes of aida64 stability test.

Solution
Not all of them will reach 4.0 at safe voltages. Some people will run them at 1.4v 24/7 but I personally won't.

I typically oc backwards from everyone else. I pick a voltage and see how high it will run properly at, then I try to dial back the voltage. Seems easier for me that way

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Not all of them will reach 4.0 at safe voltages. Some people will run them at 1.4v 24/7 but I personally won't.

I typically oc backwards from everyone else. I pick a voltage and see how high it will run properly at, then I try to dial back the voltage. Seems easier for me that way

Solution
Feb 1, 2019
That makes sense. I saved a 4ghz profile at 1.4v and I'll use it at 3.9 at 1.375v. How do I make it clock down whenever it's not under load because it aways stay at 3.9ghz.