Question Ryzen 5 2400G + ASUS A320M-K undervolting problems.

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
So, I changed my motherboard from ASRock to ASUS, but I still had the varying clock problem on the Ryzen 5 2400G (clock doesn't stay fixed across the cores, they stay like this:
View: https://i.imgur.com/fsxuDBP.jpg

I was messing around and decided to undervolt the CPU core voltage to 1.3V, as I've read that the default 1.45 is too high for the Ryzens. And to my surprise, monitoring with MSI Afterburner, all cores were fixed at 3.9Ghz (which is the default for the R5 2400G), but minutes after, my pc just freezed and I had to restart (no BSOD, no crashes, it just froze.)
Restarting the PC, it froze again on the log-in section, I reseted to default and it stopped.
Putting the voltage at 1.35V works, but the clocks doesn't reach stable 3.9GHz. The freezes only occur at 1.302V or less
I also checked temperatures while undervolted and nothing seems wrong, So I don't know why this is happening. I just want a stable cpu clock while gaming.

PC Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G
Motherboard - ASUS A320M-K/BR
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
SSD 240GB/HD 1TB
PSU - Corsair CX550
Memory - 2x4GB 2400MHz HyperX Fury

Last edited:

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
are you having issue with game?
what game?
clock go up and down depend on usage.
Yeah, my games are stuttering like hell, every one of them.
I'm sure my cpu should use all cores on 3.9GHz on games like Far Cry New Dawn or Battlefield V. But the clocks stay at 3.1GHz with only two varying cores at 3.7GHz.

SkyKnightBiel

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
3.9 is only when 1 core is active.

what the cpu temp during the game?
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
The worst CPU temp I've encountered while gaming is 67°C. Even with the voltage on 1.3V, the temperatures aren't reaching high levels. My PSU is in the main post. It is a CX550 from Corsair. (550W). Other specs are also in the main post.