Question Ryzen 5 2400G + RTX 3060 12GB Paired Together

Nov 10, 2022
Hey, for Christmas I am going to get this,
https://www.ebuyer.com/1541224-pny-...-verto-dual-fan-graphics-card-vcg306012dfbpb1

As of now, I currently own a Ryzen 5 2400G, and getting this GPU will be my main xmas present and is quite expensive, so I won't also be able to upgrade my CPU too.

Would this pair be good enough to run games like Modern Warfare 2, Vanguard, Rust, GTA. Warzone 2 e.t.c?
I know this sounds like a really stupid pair its just all I can get, and I need to make sure the bottleneck isn't too bad.

Hey, for Christmas I am going to get this,
https://www.ebuyer.com/1541224-pny-...-verto-dual-fan-graphics-card-vcg306012dfbpb1

As of now, I currently own a Ryzen 5 2400G, and getting this GPU will be my main xmas present and is quite expensive, so I won't also be able to upgrade my CPU too.

Would this pair be good enough to run games like Modern Warfare 2, Vanguard, Rust, GTA. Warzone 2 e.t.c?
I know this sounds like a really stupid pair its just all I can get, and I need to make sure the bottleneck isn't too bad.

Hey there,

Well, they will run alright. But not as you might expect in terms of FPS. The CPU without doubt will hold that GPU back. The term often used is a 'bottleneck' (which I hate using), but occurs when one component isn't enough to max out the other component, hence leaving some performance on the floor.

Your CPU isn't exactly a slouch, but is limited to 4c/8 threads, and is a bit behind let's say a 5600x in IPC. Faster CPU's with slightly more cores/host processing, allows you to multitask while gaming, or max out more demanding games.

To get you by, yes, that's fine. Pop in a 5600x or 5800x 3d and you will another bump in performance from your GPU.

Nov 10, 2022
Hey there,

Well, they will run alright. But not as you might expect in terms of FPS. The CPU without doubt will hold that GPU back. The term often used is a 'bottleneck' (which I hate using), but occurs when one component isn't enough to max out the other component, hence leaving some performance on the floor.

Your CPU isn't exactly a slouch, but is limited to 4c/8 threads, and is a bit behind let's say a 5600x in IPC. Faster CPU's with slightly more cores/host processing, allows you to multitask while gaming, or max out more demanding games.

To get you by, yes, that's fine. Pop in a 5600x or 5800x 3d and you will another bump in performance from your GPU.
Thank you, so for 3 months will this not damage any parts in my PC or anything? My birthday is in February. Might aswell ask for a 5600x. Thanks

Nov 10, 2022
No, not at all. Won't damage your system. You might need a PSU upgrade to go with the new GPU. What PSU do you currently run?
I bought this PC used from eBay. Which said it has a 750w power supply, don't know the brand nor rating. I can't really see either since my case doesn't allow me to see it through the glass panel, and I dont want to unplug it just to see.

I bought this PC used from eBay. Which said it has a 750w power supply, don't know the brand nor rating. I can't really see either since my case doesn't allow me to see it through the glass panel, and I dont want to unplug it just to see.

On one of the sides of the PSU, there will be a sticker with the details. Take a photo of that, and use imgur to upload it here, by posting the BB code. Without unplugging it to see, we are limited with advice. We need to know for sure.

Nov 10, 2022
On one of the sides of the PSU, there will be a sticker with the details. Take a photo of that, and use imgur to upload it here, by posting the BB code. Without unplugging it to see, we are limited with advice. We need to know for sure.
Only 2 sides are visible when I take off my back panel, and none have a sticker that I can see, then again, one of the sides is extremely hard to see since my hard drive cage is stuffed with wires. I can't unplug it since i'm only 14, and don't want to mess everything up and break my pc and get in trouble by my parents.

USAFRet

Titan
Only 2 sides are visible when I take off my back panel, and none have a sticker that I can see, then again, one of the sides is extremely hard to see since my hard drive cage is stuffed with wires. I can't unplug it since i'm only 14, and don't want to mess everything up and break my pc and get in trouble by my parents.
Again, this means nothing:
"I bought this PC used from eBay. Which said it has a 750w power supply "

It might be a great 750W PSU.
It might be crap that says it is 750W.
It might be a total lie from the person on ebay.

Plugging in a new 3060 GPU may overtax whatever that thing is. Actually killing the GPU Christmas present, and maybe other things.

You NEED to know what it is, and tell us out here.

Nov 10, 2022
Again, this means nothing:
"I bought this PC used from eBay. Which said it has a 750w power supply "

It might be a great 750W PSU.
It might be crap that says it is 750W.
It might be a total lie from the person on ebay.

Plugging in a new 3060 GPU may overtax whatever that thing is. Actually killing the GPU Christmas present, and maybe other things.

You NEED to know what it is, and tell us out here.
I know, I know. I just don't wanna mess anything up. I will try to convince my dad to help me with this tommorow. Thank you.

Nov 10, 2022
Open the case
Connect the proper cables from this unknown PSU to the GPU
Install drivers
Connect monitor(s)
etc
etc

Are YOU going to do that?
If so, great. Start now.

Again, you need to KNOW exactly what this PSU is, before risking an expensive new GPU.
I already got all of this done today, I put the 8 pin GPU cable into the front of my case, ready for when I get my new GPU.

I wouldn't shake a stick at that Aerocool PSU, never mind keep it in a capable PC.

They are very low quality. Made with cheap parts. That's why it doesn't cost much. Here's an online review. Was only one I could find. About 4 mins in, he advises not to use it in a gaming system. : AEROCOOL Integrator 700W 80 Plus BRONZE PC PSU With Black Flat Cables - YouTube

These types of PSU's are mass produced with high failure rates, and that's why they are often so cheap.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022
I wouldn't shake a stick at that Aerocool PSU, never mind keep it in a capable PC.

They are very low quality. Made with cheap parts. That's why it doesn't cost much. Here's an online review. Was only one I could find. About 4 mins in, he advises not to use it in a gaming system.

These types of PSU's are mass produced with high failure rates, and that's why they are often so cheap.
Argh, damn. Okay thank you.