Ryzen 5 2400g system. Blue screen problem

Oct 26, 2018
Hello, this my new Pc:Corsair CX Series CX450M
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 8 GB DIMM 288
Gigabyte GA AX370M DS3H 1.X motherboard micro ATX
Kingston SSDNow A400 Solid state drive 240 GB
CC-COUGAR Case MX330-G Middle ATX BLACK USB 3.0. My problem is that during I am playing a game, I throws me away ang the gets blue and says there is a problem (tdr video failure. I have search something and I have find that I need another module of ram so that I have dual channel of 16gb 3000MHz. Do you thing it is a good idea? Please answer. Thank you

Solution
Hold on before buying more memory does this happen in all games ? or only one game ? when does this happen after 5/10/30min/etc of playing ?
Oct 26, 2018

Because the pc is I have only installed fortnite and the screen gets blue usually 3 to 7 after starting playing the match. But I have ask a lot of people an they have told me that I have to byu another ram

ikaz

Distinguished
Don't just buy another ram you actually don't need 16GB for fortnight you can play on a lot less. I would at least try other games (free to play is fine) to see if the same problem occurs. I would also try reducing the setting in FN and see if you have the same issue.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kontinisbasilis : "problem with ryzen 5 2400g and one channel memory corsair"

Yes, you want to run Ryzen with dual channel and fast memory. Ryzen performance can be greatly affected by memory speed. Also increase the amount of memory going to the integrated graphics. I think the default is 512MB of memory, which is not enough. I would increase it to 2GB and add another 8GB stick of memory in to the system.

Oct 26, 2018

So to sum up, you suggest me to add another ram and overclock th GB of the vega 11 and I ll be OK?