[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2400g vega 11 not delivering full preformance

Feb 8, 2020
hi,

i have a ryzen 5 2400g with vega 11 graphics in my desktop build but for some reason it doesn preforme as well as the test on youtube.

do i haver to change somthing? i'm sur i have the correct drivers for it so what could this be?

my pc specs: HDD 1000GB SATAIII

420 Watt power

22" LG 22MK400H-B monitor

GeIL ValueRAM 8GB DDR4-2133

MSI A320M PRO-M2 V2

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - Quad Core

AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

windows 10 oem

Solution
Ryzen benefits greatly from a faster RAM clock speed. Most people run with 3000 or 3200 for a Ryzen system. You are running 2133, so I think your RAM might be holding the CPU back some. Though the things mentioned above are true, along with the possibility that the YouTube PC has a better cooler. This could allow clock speeds to stay higher in their system, meaning better performance for them.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
We would have to know what the results were that you were comparing yours too, and we would need to know what your results were.

Also, we would have to know what the YouTube build's specs were compared to yours.
Btw, what is the make and model of your 420W PSU? How many sticks of RAM? If more than 1, are they in the correct slots for dual channel?

Ryzen benefits greatly from a faster RAM clock speed. Most people run with 3000 or 3200 for a Ryzen system. You are running 2133, so I think your RAM might be holding the CPU back some. Though the things mentioned above are true, along with the possibility that the YouTube PC has a better cooler. This could allow clock speeds to stay higher in their system, meaning better performance for them.

Solution