[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 8GB overkill for a Radeon RX 570 overclocked 8GB?

Feb 19, 2019
Is a ryzen 5 2600 8GB overkill for a Radeon RX 570 overclocked 8GB? I'm looking to build a PC but I don't want to bottle neck my CPU. If it is too strong for my GPU what would you recommend?

Solution
It's not. Also a better CPU will help you future proof your PC since it's easier to just swap a GPU than to change motherboard RAM and CPU.

If you plan on gaming only, I'd even recommend a 8600k instead. Can OC and perform much better (especially at 1080p 1440p) depends on what performance you want and how much can your monitor handle. At 1080p you can get 10-60 more fps on most games (assuming you also have a strong GPU which you can replace in the future anyway).

Cioby

Distinguished
It's not. Also a better CPU will help you future proof your PC since it's easier to just swap a GPU than to change motherboard RAM and CPU.

If you plan on gaming only, I'd even recommend a 8600k instead. Can OC and perform much better (especially at 1080p 1440p) depends on what performance you want and how much can your monitor handle. At 1080p you can get 10-60 more fps on most games (assuming you also have a strong GPU which you can replace in the future anyway).

Solution
It's OK to have more CPU than needed....; most folks do.

you can slap in an RX580 (hopefully on sale again!) a year later....

(The R5-2600 is the minimum acceptable processor for building a new gaming rig as of last year, IMO)

You can peruse relative CPU performance here (using best GPU) , but, naturally with your GPU and CPU, you'd be FAR below what is shown... :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOVfeujof4&t=566s