[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 1050 ti

Burhan_4

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
I've been having stuttering and pop in texture issues in gta v and fortnite. Currently i have a ryzen 3 1200 at 3.7ghz and a gtx 1050 ti and I thought my cpu may be bottlenecking my gpu as when i change resolutions in GTA v i notice performance doesn't change but when GTA stops doing pop in textures it is very smooth and there is a 5-10 fps difference ( 5 in ls and 10 in sandy shores). In fortnite there is no fps difference unless i put the graphics to ultra. I am pretty sure the stuttering in both of this games and fps dips is a result of a bottleneck but im not sure. I want to know if i really have a bottle neck and if i should upgrade to a ryzen 5 2600 or 1600.

Burhan_4

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
Well i have a bottleneck on both games as my cpu is 100 but then my gpu is 30 to 60 percent usage. What i do notice at time though is that gta v will have my gou go to 70 to 90 percebnt usage after a while but then go back later. The higher gpu usage is also associated with smoother gameplay and no stuttering and popin textures. Fortnite rarely has pop in texture issues but major stuttering and fps drops. Do you recommend upgrading or will this cpu and gpu combo be bad?