[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 and Hyper 212 temperature question

MxzsyXII

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a little paranoid that I didnt tighten down my cooler enough/properly and if I put enough thermal paste on.

I recently swapped out the stock wraith cooler, on my 2600 @stock GHz for now, to a Hyper 212 Black Edition for better cooling, sound and aesthetics. I also have 4 case fans, 2 intakes, 2 exhausts in an NZXT S340 case.

From a cold boot the 2600 idles at around 25-30c. When opening a browser or file explorer it will quickly spike to high 30's.

On Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get around 40-60% usage, on high graphic settings at 1600x900, and a max of 49c. (GPU is an RX 470 so there is a bottleneck)

Also on Fortnite I see a max core temp of around 43c.

On prime95 blend test the max I get is 57c after 20 minutes of running, same for Asus Realbench. (Didnt change priority in task manager so idk if it was running at normal or realtime priority)

So what I would like to know from you guys, with the same cpu and a cooler of equal performance to the hyper 212 BE, is what kind of temperatures are you guys getting?

Solution
I have the same CPU and case and a hyper 212 rgb black edition which im pretty sure is almost the same as the non rgb just a little better. I have 2 intakes at the front and 1 exhaust at the back and top as well, so our setup is extremely similar. My temps are around the 60’s while gaming but my cpu is overclocked to 4.1 ghz

johnsoner13

Respectable
I have the same CPU and case and a hyper 212 rgb black edition which im pretty sure is almost the same as the non rgb just a little better. I have 2 intakes at the front and 1 exhaust at the back and top as well, so our setup is extremely similar. My temps are around the 60’s while gaming but my cpu is overclocked to 4.1 ghz

Solution

johnsoner13

Respectable
I'm a little paranoid that I didnt tighten down my cooler enough/properly and if I put enough thermal paste on.
From a cold boot the 2600 idles at around 25-30c. When opening a browser or file explorer it will quickly spike to high 30's.

On Star Wars Battlefront 2 I get around 40-60% usage, on high graphic settings at 1600x900, and a max of 49c. (GPU is an RX 470 so there is a bottleneck)
Those temps seem fine and seem like nothing to worry about as far as I’m concerned

Reactions: MxzsyXII

MxzsyXII

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017
That's good to know

What games are you playing that hit the 60c?