Ryzen 5 2600 Build

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I want to hear some feedbacks on my build to see if I can improve it. My budget is around $800usd,I can afford to pay like $20 more.

Here's my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8bGBFt

To be more exact,the gpu I hve chosen is the msi gtx1060 gaming vr 6g.As I couldn't find it from the pcpartpicker's list so I put gaming x on the list as they r almost identical to each other.

i m using this pc for casual gaming and daily use.I want this pc to be able to ply games at like 40~60fps in the next 3~5yrs.

Any opinion is welcome.

I revised it to improve it as my suggested build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($79.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8GB Gaming 8G Video Card ($249.97 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $849.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 00:51 EDT-0400

Memory: 16GB RGB RAM (Ryzen performance relies heavily on RAM and speed)
Storage: Primary boot storage (Just get an external drive or 2TB internal HDD later on for like $60)
Video Card: Performs just as good if not better than 1060 Ti in benchmarks but cheaper.
Case: Better quality branded case.
PSU: Better Gold+ PSU on sale.

Use the AMD StoreMI to combine 500gb hdd and 2gb system ram for an ssd :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($165.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($140.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.39 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 4GB AORUS 4G Video Card ($223.15 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P350X (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Deepcool - RF 120 (3 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120mm Fans ($39.10 @ Newegg)
Total: $846.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 02:28 EDT-0400

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017

For the memory,I compared the price of the ram u've chosen n the one I've chosen in terms of my local currency n found tat the former is 65% more expensive than the latter,do u think it's worth it?
I'm sry but I don't really get the storage part....
For the gpu,rx580 r a lot more expensive than 1060 in my place tats y I chose 1060 instead of rx580.
For the case,I will look more into it cuz I don't have enough info about it yet.
For the psu,I think it's a bit of an overkill for me n I can't seem to find tat psu from my local stores...

It seems that we are in a different market if the difference is that much. I just assumed that since you are using PPP you'll be buying components off the online stores here in the US market.

Memory: You want to get 16gb memory ram with Ryzen minimum with a decent speed around 3000mhz. You can just get the cheapest one you can find that is decent and reputable like Corsair. The reason I suggest that one is because the price difference is small here in the US market that makes getting the RGB version worth it over LPX.

Storage: You will want a higher capacity SSD over a smaller capacity one specially from an offbrand manufacturer. Also higher capacity SSDs run faster then smaller ones. Don't ever buy any HDD below 2TB now that you can easily get like 3TB for about the same price.

Video Card: Yes just go with whichever is cheaper.

Power Supply: Seasonic makes the best PSUs in the market that they actually produce the same ones that other brands sell. This specific one is one our more budget friendly high quality PSUs sold in our market but if it's not available there that's okay. The CX one you chose should be fine.

Case: This is pretty much up to you but you want to at least get a case is quite modular and has many features where if you want to upgrade it down the line you have the option to without having to replace the entire case. Some very good well known case manufacturers include: Phanteks, Fractal Design, Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT.

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017

There's a 40% difference in price between the ram u've chosen n the one I've chosen in terms of my domestic currency,I'm not an expert in ram or in building pc so can u tell me if it's worth it?
The storemi thing is unheard of....can u tell me more about it? I did some research on it but I still don't understand it....
Thx to u I've found tat the 8gb version is much more cheaper than the gtx 1060 I've chosen in my place so I think I will grab the 8gb.
For the case,I think I will research more on it before deciding which one to get.
For the power supply,I think it's a bit too much for me after watching this vid https://youtu.be/Mxjqjkws_10
Idk if I will need a case fan cuz I m not sure if I m going to overclock my cpu….

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017

Memory: is the corsair vengeance led 16gb 3200 a good ram? Cuz I found tat it is only a bit more expensive than the Team T-Force Dark Pro 16GB 3000,in terms of my local currency,the difference is HKD$20(USD$2.55)

Storage: You mean I should get a 480gb SSD n a 2TB or 3TB hdd?

YES 3200Mhz and it has LED that is perfect. I'm trying to help you find components with the 3 stores you mentioned but I find it really difficult because each store has limits to what they offer. Only Comdex can offer an almost complete build but can't find good chassis there.

CAN'T YOU USE AMAZON CHINA? Do you guys have like a Newegg there?

For storage just get a 480 ~ 512GB 2.5'' SSD you don't need to buy an HDD now just buy it later.. Do you really need that much storage NOW?

Everything is cheaper and avaialble on Amazon China!

eYyy3BT.png

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017

Idk y but amazon china doesn't ship to HK....

Now,I understand y u selected 480gb ssd only,tat seems reasonable to me.I guess I will get a higher capacity ssd for now then.

rairuben27

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
For now,I created 2 lists for a gtx1060 n rx580 build as they r both at the same price level,and there might be an increase or decrease in their price in the near future.I have made some changes to the build after hearing u guys out as well.

GTX1060:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z3wcyX
RX580:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9HW49J
Also,idk which case should I get so can I get some recommendations? I prefer an atx case with tempered glass and its main colour should be black,price should be around HK$500(around USD$60)