[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 Clockspeed

May 1, 2020
hi guys, so recently i was monitoring my temp using Hwinfo, just the temp, never even looked at the CPU speed.
just realized yesterday that my max cpu speed reached to 5120 MHz (written in hwinfo), sometimes it just reached to 4300mhz. it bothers me with a question, cause i never overclocked it (cause i dont understand and too afraid it would harm my cpu in any way), is it safe? and did the cpu overclock itself automatically even though i didnt do it?
thankyou, would appreciate any answers

note : i’m using cpu cooler gammax 400 v2 , so the max temp never goes beyond 70 celcius. and using motherboard MSI pro m2max b450m

I think you may be reading something wrong here, can you post a shot of your Hwinfo readout. I am reasonably sure that given your temps you have no issue...... deep breath and don't worry !!!

Ryzen boosts itself, it is what it is meant to do and yours can go on it's automatic boost to 3.9ghz, if yours was running at 5.1ghz then your Mobo and CPU would be hosting the family barbecue (unless your are cooling with liquid nitrogen). So your Hwinfo maybe reading wrong, try Coretemp and see what it says. But your temps are normal so there is nothing wrong that is going to damage anything.

Reactions: CountMike
May 1, 2020
I think you may be reading something wrong here, can you post a shot of your Hwinfo readout. I am reasonably sure that given your temps you have no issue...... deep breath and don't worry !!!

Ryzen boosts itself, it is what it is meant to do and yours can go on it's automatic boost to 3.9ghz, if yours was running at 5.1ghz then your Mobo and CPU would be hosting the family barbecue (unless your are cooling with liquid nitrogen). So your Hwinfo maybe reading wrong, try Coretemp and see what it says. But your temps are normal so there is nothing wrong that is going to damage anything.
so I've taken a screenshot while done playing game after 2-3 hours, and it reached out to 5.1 again.
did i read it wrong or else? here's the pict
View: https://imgur.com/a/t13F70j