Question Ryzen 5 2600 cooler making high pitched whistling sound

nekminnit

Commendable
Nov 11, 2018
Ever since installing a new motherboard and CPU, I can hear this high pitched whistling sound coming from my case. It is not extremely loud, but is noticeably annoying since this was not present before. It doesn't sound like coil whine, and seems like it comes from the CPU cooler (stock cooler - Stealth). So, is it possible that the CPU cooler is faulty, and how can I diagnose this issue? Thanks.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Ever since installing a new motherboard and CPU, I can hear this high pitched whistling sound coming from my case. It is not extremely loud, but is noticeably annoying since this was not present before. It doesn't sound like coil whine, and seems like it comes from the CPU cooler (stock cooler - Stealth). So, is it possible that the CPU cooler is faulty, and how can I diagnose this issue? Thanks.

I don't know if your cooler is faulty or not. However, it's a stock cooler that they give you together with the CPU, and it follows it's not best quality.

I used to have a CPU cooler that was noisy even at low rpms, not very noisy but noisy enough to annoy the f*ck out of me, so I vowed I would never buy a China (Thermatake) cooler again and I went with Noctua NH-D15S single fan.

Now the only sound I am hearing is the sound of the PSU fan (19db - almost inaudible) and the sound of my freaking refridgerator.

I wouldn't bother with troubleshooting the stock cooler at all. I would just buy Noctua and be done with it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS