Question Ryzen 5 2600 - CPU Fail LED on

LaserDashz

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello,

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro AC
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Temps: 25-35 Degrees Idle, 51 Degrees Under Load.

Ryzen Master is telling me that the CPU is overclocked to 3.75 GHz on all cores with the voltage constantly changing? So I am guessing it's on auto-mode.

Now I have quite an odd issue because my pc randomly crashed (this has happened twice) and then my motherboard indicates a CPU Fail. However after a simple reboot my PC works fine for another 10 hours or so. I have no idea what is happening or what to do? I have checked if the CPU cables on the motherboard and on the PSU are seated correctly which they are. I have a feeling this is happening every time I try to boot my pc after it's been off overnight.

Thanks.

Hello,

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro AC
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Temps: 25-35 Degrees Idle, 51 Degrees Under Load.

Ryzen Master is telling me that the CPU is overclocked to 3.75 GHz on all cores with the voltage constantly changing? So I am guessing it's on auto-mode.

Now I have quite an odd issue because my pc randomly crashed (this has happened twice) and then my motherboard indicates a CPU Fail. However after a simple reboot my PC works fine for another 10 hours or so. I have no idea what is happening or what to do? I have checked if the CPU cables on the motherboard and on the PSU are seated correctly which they are. I have a feeling this is happening every time I try to boot my pc after it's been off overnight.

Thanks.
I would try removing the CPU then reinserting it carefully. I did have the case recently of a 2400G that behaved strange too, resetting it solved the problem.
You may also want to check the BIOS.
Last but certainly not least, you should make sure your power supply unit (PSU) is not at fault. In case of doubt, change it. I personally recommend the FSP brand - low price, good quality.