Question Ryzen 5 2600 desktop prematurely turns off (CPU temp 75C)

nonag

Reputable
May 11, 2020
Hi,

I'm having a new issue on this desktop with Ryzen 5 2600 / Gigabtye b450ds3h motherboard. This combination has been running for a couple weeks fine but just today it started to abruptly turn off when the CPU is stressed. Initially the kid was rendering a video and it happened 3 times. I tried to debug this a little bit - ran Intel burn test at maximum and with in about 30 seconds the CPU temp show 75C and the system shuts shown - monitor goes black but the CPU fan still spins. The temp is check using MD Ryzen Master utility.

Bios settings on the b450 MOBO are stock defaults and no overclocking.

Any thoughts on debugging this? I would not expect the machine to black screen so quickly.

Thanks!

Desktop build specs:
-- Ryzen 5 2600 with stock cooler
-- Gigabtye b450ds3h motherboard
-- 16 GB Crucial Ram 3000 MHz
-- 500 GB NVme ssd
-- GTX 1660
-- NZXT 510 case with stock fans.
-- Seasonic 550 W Gold

Last edited:

nonag

Reputable
May 11, 2020
I know it been a few weeks but just an update... apparently changing the CPU voltage in the BIOS from AUTO to 1.22V "resolved" the issue. Is it something that we had to set on the custom build? Don't know why though.

School's in progress now so the kid's not really stressing the system much like before but the same Intel burn test was run many times after it's showed symptoms and the temp went much higher but the machine did not abruptly shutdown.

So I "think" it's good for now until it shows up again.