[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 Getting to 94c on metro

bigbobsmith1968

Honorable
Sep 18, 2018
Howdy, My Ryzen 5 2600 is getting to 94c on Metro on high, I use the stock cooler... I think this temp is to high but I wasn't sure.
PS: I didn't overclock

So my cpu temps are much to high, around 56 while idling... Any suggestions. I don't like water-cooling

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
RTX 2080 FE
600w psu evga
3200mhz ram
NZXT H500

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Howdy, My Ryzen 5 2600 is getting to 94c on Metro on high, I use the stock cooler... I think this temp is to high but I wasn't sure.
PS: I didn't overclock

So my cpu temps are much to high, around 56 while idling... Any suggestions. I don't like water-cooling

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
RTX 2080 FE
600w psu evga
3200mhz ram
NZXT H500
Has this happened before? Like is this a new build?
Edit: 94 degrees is way too high, that's about to thermal throttle.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The stock cooler should be adequate at stock speeds but I would still suggest replacing it as they do run rather warm under load. You might have better luck replacing the thermal paste and looking at your fan profiles/ power plan.

Big and Heavy plus a bit hard to install but the cooling is great.
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B $48
FSP Windale 6 $45

Lighter, easier to install with cooling coming within 3 °C degrees underload of the Windale, Mugen and an $80 DH15
Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power $50

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Silver-AS5-3-5G-Thermal-Paste/dp/B0087X728K

This is what I personally like to use. There's newer stuff out there that folks like, but personally that stuff is priced right and I've used it for years. Pick some up, pop the cooler off, use about a pea sized drop in the middle of the chip before putting the cooler back down.

Personally I like to spread the paste out. But some folks like to just place the cooler and allow it to spread the paste for you.

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Actually yes, I have the one ohio_buckeye linked
Actually yes, I have the one ohio_buckeye linked
Perfect. So yeah, once you get some time, either describe or send us a picture of what’s been happening if the problem isn’t apparent. If it just looks like too Little’s thermal paste, re apply paste and get going.
Feel free to come back I anything else is wrong =)

bigbobsmith1968

Honorable
Sep 18, 2018
Actually yes, I have the one insane potatoes linked
Perfect. So yeah, once you get some time, either describe or send us a picture of what’s been happening if the problem isn’t apparent. If it just looks like too Little’s thermal paste, re apply paste and get going.
Feel free to come back I anything else is wrong =)
ok when I get time I will post back here

Be aware not to use to much paste. If you use to much you can actually insulate the chip. My method is put a drop in the center and use a finger to spread it to cover the CPU.

However, if you don't want to use a finger, you might put a plastic glove or sandwich bag on your finger to do that. Or an old credit card could work.

bigbobsmith1968

Honorable
Sep 18, 2018
Be aware not to use to much paste. If you use to much you can actually insulate the chip. My method is put a drop in the center and use a finger to spread it to cover the CPU.

However, if you don't want to use a finger, you might put a plastic glove or sandwich bag on your finger to do that. Or an old credit card could work.
Yeah I don’t think I used to much but I will check probably tomorrow

TRENDING THREADS