Question RYZEN 5 2600 HELP

MrJupiter

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hello I am making this post to make sure my pc is running safe, I have recently got a ryzen 5 2600 and I have turned on “Core Performance Boost” in my motherboard settings and I get 3.9ghz . These are my CPU temperatures and stats while playing witcher 3 on ultra https://pasteboard.co/I3954P0.png . I am concerned about my temperatures. My question is , how am I getting such low temperatures with a stock cooler? My cpu is running at 3.9ghz ( Does that mean its overclocked?) but my temperatures are very low. Any help is appreciated :)

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hello I am making this post to make sure my pc is running safe, I have recently got a ryzen 5 2600 and I have turned on “Core Performance Boost” in my motherboard settings and I get 3.9ghz . These are my CPU temperatures and stats while playing witcher 3 on ultra https://pasteboard.co/I3954P0.png . I am concerned about my temperatures. My question is , how am I getting such low temperatures with a stock cooler? My cpu is running at 3.9ghz ( Does that mean its overclocked?) but my temperatures are very low. Any help is appreciated :)

No its not overclocked, 3.9 ghz is the stock boost clock. Temp is low likely because that game isn't a heavy load on the CPU. Its totally safe.

If you really want to test it, run something like Prime95 to see how hot it can get.

MrJupiter

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hey guys. I recently turned off the cool-n-queit option in my bios because it locked my CPU ghz at 2.8. After i turned it off I am getting always 3.9ghz even when im on idle. I am getting around 35 degrees celcius and 1.15 cpu voltage on idle. with 3.9ghz always. Is this something to worry about? Is it bad that my cpu is always at 3.9ghz? Will my cpu wear out quicker or something ? Any help appreciated

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Your CPU won't wear out quicker, CPU's "wearing out" is a myth, they have like a 0.05% failure rate, and unless overclocked to the moon and run hot all the time, they will last well beyond being obsolete.

However running at 3.9ghz all the time is wasting electricity, you probably have Windows set to High Performance. Set it to Balanced and the CPU should clock down.