Jun 16, 2020
Hello! So, im running Ryzen 5 2600 on GA-B450M S2H motherboard. My CPU is sitting on 50 celsius on idle. While gaming im getting about 68/75 celsius. I have updated the BIOS to the newest version and still nothing. Also when i putted away the side panel the temperatures on idle was like 45 celsius. When i was building the computer, i was screwing in the cooler(Stock) i srewed in the wrong way. Logo was covering the ram. So i unscrewed the cooler and then rotated it and screwed back in. So im thinking that the thermal paste when i was rotating the cooler i could somehow destroyed it so the air was stuck under the cooler. So now im thinking of buying new thermal paste and try that. I will like to hear some opinions from you because im not 100% sure what could go wrong.

Solution
Yeah, im going to put ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Thermal Compound on it. But i checked some benchmarks on YouTube with this processor. And those guys where having 50 celsius while gaming.
Those benchmarks are likely using aftermarket coolers, there is no way the wraith stealth(stock cooler name) is capable of 50° C load temps while gaming, it's usually 70° C+.

If you want cooler temps and slightly better performance, you'll need to look into an aftermarket cooler. There are plenty of inexpensive options, like the deepcool gamaxx 400(it's sharp and will cut you up lol), or an arctic freezer 33, or heck even the ancient hyper 212.

JitD

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Hey, you could check this Link of mine.... You might get some good ideas: -

Reactions: 3bec
Hello! So, im running Ryzen 5 2600 on GA-B450M S2H motherboard. My CPU is sitting on 50 celsius on idle. While gaming im getting about 68/75 celsius. I have updated the BIOS to the newest version and still nothing. Also when i putted away the side panel the temperatures on idle was like 45 celsius. When i was building the computer, i was screwing in the cooler(Stock) i srewed in the wrong way. Logo was covering the ram. So i unscrewed the cooler and then rotated it and screwed back in. So im thinking that the thermal paste when i was rotating the cooler i could somehow destroyed it so the air was stuck under the cooler. So now im thinking of buying new thermal paste and try that. I will like to hear some opinions from you because im not 100% sure what could go wrong.
You are using the stock cooler right? Those temps are about normal and certainly manageable. If it were to go above 80 °C I would be more concerned.

You could certainly put higher quality thermal paste on, though it would drop temps only a couple degrees.

Reactions: 3bec and Snoobaa

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
You are using the stock cooler right? Those temps are about normal and certainly manageable. If it were to go above 80 °C I would be more concerned.

You could certainly put higher quality thermal paste on, though it would drop temps only a couple degrees.
I second that from experience. I don't have the same CPU, although I do have a Ryzen with a stock cooler. I changed thermal paste to try and get better temperatures and it did, but only by a few degrees.

Jun 16, 2020
I second that from experience. I don't have the same CPU, although I do have a Ryzen with a stock cooler. I changed thermal paste to try and get better temperatures and it did, but only by a few degrees.
Thanks for your reply! Whats your temps on your Ryzen CPU?

Jun 16, 2020

Yeah, im going to put ARCTIC MX-4 2019 Thermal Compound on it. But i checked some benchmarks on YouTube with this processor. And those guys where having 50 celsius while gaming.

Those benchmarks are likely using aftermarket coolers, there is no way the wraith stealth(stock cooler name) is capable of 50° C load temps while gaming, it's usually 70° C+.

If you want cooler temps and slightly better performance, you'll need to look into an aftermarket cooler. There are plenty of inexpensive options, like the deepcool gamaxx 400(it's sharp and will cut you up lol), or an arctic freezer 33, or heck even the ancient hyper 212.

Solution