Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2019
Hello, my ryzen 5 2600 is not boosting to the right clock speeds. (I think)
Online is see that their ryzen chip is boosting in games to 3750Mhz. My chip is only boosting to 3625Mhz.
In high workloads such as cinebench r15 it is downclocking itself to 3400/3550Mhz.

I don't get why that is, the cpu is being watercooled by the corsair h60 (2018 edition).

My specs:
Mobo:Gigabyte aorus elite b450
Ram: 16gb corsair vengance lpx ddr4 2666Mhz

Solution
What is your PSU?
Your CPU is working fine. R5 2600 has a base clock of 3.4 GHz and a Boost clock of 3.9 GHz. The boost clock is usually temporary and when the CPU gets hot it automatically downclocks itself to meet temp requirements. If you've seen it clock higher than yours it's because those systems were cooled better than yours.

If you cool you system with better case airflow or buy a non-stock CPU cooler then you will also be able to hit higher clocks.
What is your PSU?
Your CPU is working fine. R5 2600 has a base clock of 3.4 GHz and a Boost clock of 3.9 GHz. The boost clock is usually temporary and when the CPU gets hot it automatically downclocks itself to meet temp requirements. If you've seen it clock higher than yours it's because those systems were cooled better than yours.

If you cool you system with better case airflow or buy a non-stock CPU cooler then you will also be able to hit higher clocks.

Solution
an H60 is a fairly smallish radiator....? (single 120 mm fan?) (Most pumps suffer from clogged/gummed up internal microfins after a few years, leading to degraded cooling capacity over time, and, it would not surprise me for a pump from 2018 to potentially be running at less than when it was new.

No offense, but, I'd not expecting the smaller radiators to rival results of even the better air coolers, frankly. (That being said, the extra, or lack thereof, 100 MHz or so will not make a huge difference.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS