Ryzen 5 2600 Only shows 3 cores and 6 Threads

Dec 24, 2018
So recently I've been having this problem where my CPU only shows up with 3 cores and 6 threads compared to the normal 6 cores and 12 threads. I recently redownloaded windows 10 and it fixed it.. at least for a day and then the problem happened again.

If anyone can help me... please do.

Solution

I actually resolved the problem. Installing the Ryzen Master software and resetting the profile on there fixed it. For some reason even thou I didn't have it installed, my CPU had a profile on it where half the cores were disabled...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Weird. Usually that happens if you change a processor with more cores without reinstalling Windows from scratch.

Try this, type msconfig in start bar. Uncheck number of cores then reboot Windows. If its not ticked, tick it and select all cores, reboot. If same problem persists, uncheck it, reboot again and hopefully it sticks.

103050d1485972245t-safe-change-cpu-core-setting-msconfig-hp-laptop-cores.png

Whats the rest of your specs?

Dec 24, 2018

I actually resolved the problem. Installing the Ryzen Master software and resetting the profile on there fixed it. For some reason even thou I didn't have it installed, my CPU had a profile on it where half the cores were disabled. After resetting the profiles and using the BIOS overclocking, it worked perfectly.

Solution
Dec 24, 2018

I thought the same thing, although its true... maybe some Ryzen CPUs come with this profile preapplied or something. I have no clue, but I know this issues happened to many people before. I saw someone suggest using Ryzen Master so i tried it... messed around with it for awhile. Once I used the reset butting and applied it.. everything now works perfect.