Question Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x?

armada60

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hi,

I'm stuck between choosing the two. The non X is about $50 (AUD) cheaper, though if I get ~10% faster speeds with the X I think its defiantly worth it.

I do not plan to overclock as I have no idea how to do it and would rather have the piece of mind nothing will break :)

I also like the thought of the X having a much better cooler on it, as my current build which I'm about to buy does not include a cpu cooler. I'm guessing buying a cpu cooler will cost me at least around $40 which at this point I should just get the X?

Thanks

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
Hi,

I'm stuck between choosing the two. The non X is about $50 (AUD) cheaper, though if I get ~10% faster speeds with the X I think its defiantly worth it.

I do not plan to overclock as I have no idea how to do it and would rather have the piece of mind nothing will break :)

I also like the thought of the X having a much better cooler on it, as my current build which I'm about to buy does not include a cpu cooler. I'm guessing buying a cpu cooler will cost me at least around $40 which at this point I should just get the X?

Thanks
No point in getting the X if you don't plan to overclock , an after market cooler isn't much 30 CAD and Australia's exchange rate is usually cent for cent with Canada . Heres a link to look at some actual numbers .
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700/3958vs3957
Personally I'd go with the 2700 because I can't see myself actually noticing the 10% increase in performance . And it'll give you a little extra for a GPU .

armada60

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
I'd get the 2600 the X series is honestly just overclocked versions from what I've seen.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZeq3cNoRk

so wouldn't it be beneficial to get the X and leave it (no OC) since i dont plan to OC anyway, but will still get OC benefit out of the box?

No point in getting the X if you don't plan to overclock , an after market cooler isn't much 30 CAD and Australia's exchange rate is usually cent for cent with Canada . Heres a link to look at some actual numbers .
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700/3958vs3957
Personally I'd go with the 2700 because I can't see myself actually noticing the 10% increase in performance . And it'll give you a little extra for a GPU .

do i need to worry about the after market cooler fitting inside the case or anything though? i thought the X straight out of the box was was similar to a OCing a normal?

cat1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
If you have the little extra cash, the 3600X would be a huge boost in performance & when you're ready, can upgrade to a PCIe 4.0 system. This is essence & as usual, duobles the bandwidth is PCIe 3.0, which is what most are running today.

Having a PCIe 4.0 certified chip would mean one less piece of hardware to purchase when you're ready for a real system upgrade & the 3600X runs at near 2x the performance of the i7-4790K/6700K (Passmark results).

It's certainly worth consideration, especially given the chip retails for only $249.99 (Newegg). If I had a qualifying Ryzen 2 MB that would allow for the install, wouldn't be any second thought, Ryzen 2600/2600X are soon to be clearance models, just as the last of the FX & FM2 series currently are. This doesn't imply these are bad choices, especially Ryzen 2, it's just that a Ryzen 5 3600X could be a component that will give great performance now & even better after a PCIe 4.0 upgrade.

Cat

If you have the little extra cash, the 3600X would be a huge boost in performance & when you're ready, can upgrade to a PCIe 4.0 system. This is essence & as usual, duobles the bandwidth is PCIe 3.0, which is what most are running today.

Having a PCIe 4.0 certified chip would mean one less piece of hardware to purchase when you're ready for a real system upgrade & the 3600X runs at near 2x the performance of the i7-4790K/6700K (Passmark results).

It's certainly worth consideration, especially given the chip retails for only $249.99 (Newegg). If I had a qualifying Ryzen 2 MB that would allow for the install, wouldn't be any second thought, Ryzen 2600/2600X are soon to be clearance models, just as the last of the FX & FM2 series currently are. This doesn't imply these are bad choices, especially Ryzen 2, it's just that a Ryzen 5 3600X could be a component that will give great performance now & even better after a PCIe 4.0 upgrade.

Cat
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDV7aA6arVo

the 3600X is a waste of money.

TRENDING THREADS