Question Ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 5 1400

Dec 11, 2019
So I found in a store the Ryzen 5 2600 in a similar price than the 1400, wich was the cpu that I was looking for originally. My question is; is my GPU RX 580 and motherboard A320M-K good with the ryzen 2600? in the sense that there wont be bottleneck or something similar? thanks

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the motherboard may need a BIOS update to support the 2600.
there should not be a bottleneck or anything but be aware of the BIOS issues and make a plan to flash the BIOS should it be needed.
you will need a supported CPU to flash the BIOS. if you cannot flash the BIOS because of lack of a supported CPU the 1400 would be the safest bet.

Reactions: JojoStar
Dec 11, 2019
the motherboard may need a BIOS update to support the 2600.
there should not be a bottleneck or anything but be aware of the BIOS issues and make a plan to flash the BIOS should it be needed.
you will need a supported CPU to flash the BIOS. if you cannot flash the BIOS because of lack of a supported CPU the 1400 would be the safest bet.

I have no idea about BIOS updates, where should I look at? thanks

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if the motherboard is new and in the box the 1400 is the safest bet for getting a system up and running easily.
if you have the system running with an APU for example you can check the BIOS version by booting the BIOS. the motherboard maker will have a list of updates for your board and what each one does.
for the 2600 you need version 3803 or later for support.

Reactions: JojoStar