• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Ryzen 5 2600 Overclocking

poorbugger

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
So i got a deepcool gamaxx 400 v2 and replaced the stock cooler with it. I oced my ryzen 5 2600 to 4.1ghz at 1.4v. It's stable. Idle temps are 35 to 40C ish. However, it doesnt downclock during idle which kinda sucks. I changed the power settings already to minimum processor state to 5% but it's still running at 4.1ghz at idle. Is there a way for me to enable downclocking again?

So i got a deepcool gamaxx 400 v2 and replaced the stock cooler with it. I oced my ryzen 5 2600 to 4.1ghz at 1.4v. It's stable. Idle temps are 35 to 40C ish. However, it doesnt downclock during idle which kinda sucks. I changed the power settings already to minimum processor state to 5% but it's still running at 4.1ghz at idle. Is there a way for me to enable downclocking again?
It's not going to up or downclock when it's set manually. It just uses less power on idle, that's all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS