Question Ryzen 5 2600 - question

joaomendes04

Commendable
Nov 9, 2017
Hi everyone.

So today I'm testing overclock settings on my Ryzen 5 2600. I'm using AMD Ryzen Master 'cause I cannot figure out what to change on BIOS to overclock my CPU and I do not want to get the CPU overclocked all day every day.

So I'm using TUF B450 Plus Gaming and I tested (again, using Ryzen Master) with the follow settings:

I ran prime95 for 10min and I stopped cause I was not sure about the voltage. It seems that is a bit to high. What you guys think? Should I try run prime95 a little longer to see if it crashes?

I have a aftermarket cooler (Arctic Freezer 34 duo). So temps seem very good and the CPU fans are about 75% of full speed (+- 2100rpm).

Any tips? As I said, i do not want to have a CPU overclocked all day every day. Not even for gaming cause i feel that the difference is not that much.

Thank you all.

Any tips? As I said, i do not want to have a CPU overclocked all day every day. Not even for gaming cause i feel that the difference is not that much.
If you don't want to oc, then don't oc it.

If you want to oc the 2600, you are better to manually oc, don't use any utility software. You can find the guides online too, but I added two of them, read them if you want OC the 2600.
https://www.tweaktown.com/guides/8703/amd-ryzen-2000-series-overclocking-guide/index.html

logainofhades

Titan
If you really want a bit of extra performance, find your CPU multiplier setting, in your bios, and set it to 36. That will match a 2600x. It should be under advanced mode, then AI tweaker. More than that sounds like it might be more than you are willing to do.