Question Ryzen 5 2600 RAM compatibility

Mar 13, 2019
Greetings people,

i was on a tight budget recently and in a dire need of a new PC so i had to purchased ASRock AB350m Pro4 motherboard, Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and one stick of HX429C15PB3A/8 (Edit: Made a mistake by typing the RAM name, i have "DIMM DDR4 8GB 2933MHz Kingston HyperX Predator RGB CL15, HX429C15PB3A/8" RAM.

Had a hard time picking RAM since Ryzen 5 2600 supports up to 2933 mHz, so this one was, in that time, a no brainer since it's a CL15 and 2933 mHz ram.

When i got system up and running, seems like RAM speed was locked to 2400mHz for some reason, as you can see here:
sEashX9.png

I've tried upping its speed in BIOS using settings from Kingston website for this RAM, but system was unstable and it crashed after around 10ish minutes into the windows so i reverted settings back to original and let it at 2.4k mHz.
After some digging, seems like this specific RAM is Intel optimized and can't find it on MOBO support list :/

Now, my question is, should i try to sell this RAM and get different one, or getting one more stick of this same RAM and pairing it into Dual channel would up its speed to 2933mHz and work OK in my system?

Last edited:
Witch slot did you installed your ram? Based on manual if you install it at A2 slot it should go up to 2667mhz and you use only a single dimm of ram. Also did you updated to the latest bios (the latest bios before the Ryzen 3000 release it seems 5.90 is the first bios for ryzen 3000 so you should try 5.80)? Did you enabled XMP profile?

Mar 13, 2019
Yes, i've updated Bios week or so before 2nd gen Ryzen release, so it's "up to date" with 1st GEN, Ryzen 1xxx and 2xxx CPU's and yes, RAM is installed in A2 slot, since in MOBO manual, it says 2933 mHz SR should go in A2 for that speed. Tempered with XMP profiles a while ago, nothing helped reaching above 2.4k and being stable :/