Question Ryzen 5 2600 RAM speed?

_MiQ_

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
I know this might have been asked earlier but I've not found a clear answer to this question.

If I have MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor. Can I use Kingston HyperX Fury 3200MHz 16gb ram?

WildCard999

Titan
If the model isn't listed on the motherboard QVL, then probably. Not everything has been tested to work with that board but I'd be surprised if it didn't. Just make sure it's a 2x8gb kit as that will perform better then a single 16gb stick in most applications. If you have difficulty getting it to run at the rated 3200mhz speed then I would update the motherboards BIOS as that would help with memory compatibility.

_MiQ_

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
If the model isn't listed on the motherboard QVL, then probably. Not everything has been tested to work with that board but I'd be surprised if it didn't. Just make sure it's a 2x8gb kit as that will perform better then a single 16gb stick in most applications. If you have difficulty getting it to run at the rated 3200mhz speed then I would update the motherboards BIOS as that would help with memory compatibility.

I will use 2 x 8gb sticks (HX432C18FB2K2/16). Hopefully they will work .

Whats the exact model ram. If it's this:
HX432C18FB2K2/16

Then yes, it's on the QVL, and will work with your mobo. But it looks a like a 16gb DIMM. I'd suggest getting a 2 x 8gb kit for dual channel goodness :)

It is exactly HX432C18FB2K2/16 model. And it is 2 x 8gb.

Motherboard Specs Page

You'll need to enable A-XMP in BIOS, but you should be able to use that memory.

-Wolf sends

I'll try that when the motherboard arrives.