[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 running hot

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
I am using an Aerocool Verkho 2. On AIDA 64 at complete stock it goes till 83 degrees on load. ambient temps are around 35 36 Celsius.
Open air
Motherboard is the asus b350m prime A.
it goes to around 3.6Ghz.
Would a Wraith Prism be an upgrade?
These are definitely way too high for temps right?

Solution
It is a benchmark yes

I think its fine then in my opinion

Stress tests typically peg the CPU at 100% usage at all times, you're not gonna be seeing such loads under normal conditions such as video games for example.

Even if you were doing something that manages to peg it at 100% usage the test goes to show your cooler can keep it at a safe temperature as 83c isn't gonna ruin that processor.

I'm no expert on coolers so take what I say with a sizable grain of salt but I would assume what you currently have is probably a bit better than the prism

Furzumz

Reputable
I am using an Aerocool Verkho 2. On AIDA 64 at complete stock it goes till 83 degrees on load

Is that a stress test temperature from stress test software? Or just load from something such as video games?

People on the internet seem to be reporting about ~73c give or take from video game loads with the stock cooler

That processor can handle up to 95c (not that you want it at 95c of course) so 83c is safe but not ideal

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
Is that a stress test temperature from stress test software? Or just load from something such as video games?

People on the internet seem to be reporting about ~73c give or take from video game loads with the stock cooler

That processor can handle up to 95c (not that you want it at 95c of course) so 83c is safe but not ideal
It is a benchmark yes

Furzumz

Reputable
It is a benchmark yes

I think its fine then in my opinion

Stress tests typically peg the CPU at 100% usage at all times, you're not gonna be seeing such loads under normal conditions such as video games for example.

Even if you were doing something that manages to peg it at 100% usage the test goes to show your cooler can keep it at a safe temperature as 83c isn't gonna ruin that processor.

I'm no expert on coolers so take what I say with a sizable grain of salt but I would assume what you currently have is probably a bit better than the prism

Solution