[SOLVED] ryzen 5 2600 rx 580 low fps

Solution
There are no guarantees that it will work, there never is when mixing memory that did not come together in a matched set, but if you get an identical memory module as the one you have now, that will give you the best chance of correcting the problem while spending the least amount of money.

Better though would be to sell your current memory modules, now or later, and get a matched set of either 2 x4GB or 2 x8GB, in a faster module. DDR4 3000mhz or DDR4 3200mhz would be the preferred memory speed for all current consumer Ryzen platforms. The addition of dual channel performance AND faster memory, would be significantly helpful in increasing your performance.

If that's not possible though, then getting another memory module exactly the...
If you don't have any graphics card drivers installed, then THAT is your problem. Go to the AMD website, download the latest drivers (NOT the ones on the disk that may have came with the card) and do a clean install using the DDU and the latest drivers, as indicated in my tutorial I linked to earlier.

Dec 12, 2018

I installed the official drivers from the amd site. That is not the problem.

Dec 12, 2018

Resolution is 1920x1080 and i have almost the same fps ( +- 5fps) with low settings and with very high settiings.)

Dec 12, 2018

RAM IS:

Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 1 x 8GB Desktop Memory Kit (DDR4, 2666MHz) Black

Get a 2x8gb kit, tested for dual channel configuation, of at least 3200mhz speed and you ll see dramatic increase in fps

I wouldn't say that IS the problem. I would say it's definitely a contributor to the problem ALONG with the fact that aside from not having dual channel they are also running slow memory. I absolutely agree that if they were running 2933mhz or higher memory that was ALSO in dual channel configuration, they probably wouldn't be having this problem. Installing a second, IDENTICAL part number module, MIGHT help the issue but it is STILL going to suffer from being low speed memory on a platform that clearly shows poor performance with low speed memory.

I also wouldn't say AT LEAST 3200mhz, I'd say 3000-3200mhz, because the fact is that very few users are able to get memory faster than 3200mhz to run on Ryzen platforms (At least, not at speeds higher than 3200mhz. You can certainly get a 3600mhz module to run AT 3200mhz, if the module is favored by the chipset to begin with or if you are willing to do a fair amount of fiddling with the timings and voltage in the bios) and those that are able to are generally people that are using much more expensive modules with Samsung B-die ICs (Memory chips). It's highly doubtful that you will get a Hynix M die or Samsung D or E die module that is faster than 3200mhz, to run on any Ryzen consumer platform.

Dec 12, 2018

Hey there. Thank you very much for your answer and for your time.

In your opinion should I:
Get an indentical RAM
Sell the one i currently have and get 2 better ones ( this is a bit too expensive for my budget)
Stay with this RAM and get +4GB since it's cheaper
Any other idea.

By the way i overclocked my GPU to 4.1 and slightly OC my GPU and fps incresead from 45-55 to 65-75.

There are no guarantees that it will work, there never is when mixing memory that did not come together in a matched set, but if you get an identical memory module as the one you have now, that will give you the best chance of correcting the problem while spending the least amount of money.

Better though would be to sell your current memory modules, now or later, and get a matched set of either 2 x4GB or 2 x8GB, in a faster module. DDR4 3000mhz or DDR4 3200mhz would be the preferred memory speed for all current consumer Ryzen platforms. The addition of dual channel performance AND faster memory, would be significantly helpful in increasing your performance.

If that's not possible though, then getting another memory module exactly the same as the one you have now would be the next best option.

Solution
Dec 12, 2018

Ok, thank you very much for your help. I will try and buy 2 new RAMs and come back to let you guys know if that was the problem.
Thanks again

Lets just say that the problem is hypothetically because he's running single channel. This post wouldn't have even been created because the difference in memory frequency alone, going trom 2666 to 3200 mhz isn't going to be as much as you are thinking. Remember the mhz in frequency is bandwidth, not speed in latency and timings. He'd have to be fully taxing the system in order to reap the benefits of a higher frequency (mhz) increase, assuming his use case CAN fully utilize 100% of the DDR4 bandwidth. That low of a FPS benchmark is typically not just frequency. The problem is more likely than not single channel or software related.

Like I said, it's not ANY single thing most likely. It's a combination of things. Not of them taken individually are likely to cause the issues they are seeing. Taken together, they are all contributors and should ALL be addressed. Hundreds of pages of feedback on Ryzen memory speed affecting performance significantly, plus tens of major reviews that back that up, can't all be wrong.

And contrary to what you or I might find attractive, the bottom line is frequency trumps any other single feature on any stick of memory EXCEPT for the quality you get from a module that uses a B-die IC and that is applicable whether you are using an AMD or Intel platform. High quality ICs allow for a much tighter configuration when it comes to low timings, lower voltage requirements and higher clocks, much of which the system might automatically configure several hundred times per second during the initial training period, or which you might attempt to manually configure yourself in the BIOS.

Anyhow, it's no one thing. It's the accumulation of many things, and I think you need to resolve those things before you can even attempt to determine if the problem you are having is even primarily memory related or not.