Question Ryzen 5 2600 saying driver updates from 2009?

kirkman

Prominent
Nov 30, 2018
Tried every which way of updating i can think of and searched everywhere online, the online software support AMD offers is Ryzen Master but my driver still says its from 09, idk what to do at this point and my PC seems to hitch alot and not use its full potential, only using around 42% top please help dropping down to 5 frames in games on lowest settings gpu is up to date

Tried every which way of updating i can think of and searched everywhere online, the online software support AMD offers is Ryzen Master but my driver still says its from 09, idk what to do at this point and my PC seems to hitch alot and not use its full potential, only using around 42% top please help dropping down to 5 frames in games on lowest settings gpu is up to date
Driver for what ? There are no separate drivers for CPU, they are embedded in OS kernel. Many other drivers are dated even earlier, that's done for compatibility only.

Darkbreeze

Titan
The chipset drivers ARE the drivers for the CPU. The chipset drivers are actually NOT a part of the OS kernel. In most cases there are at least basic compatible chipset drivers included but without chipset and BIOS level support, it doesn't much matter what else you have going on.

Without knowing the exact motherboard model or at least the chipset family, it's impossible to know what the right drivers are.

If you know the exact motherboard model then ALL non-peripheral and non-add in card drivers are known.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS