[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 very high temperatures

lukewallach2

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
Yesterday i build my new gaming pc and today i noticed the cpu was hitting very high temps,when browsing about 50 and when gaming almost 80 degrees.What should i do?My case has decent airflow

Solution
83 is only just hot for an nvidia GPU. Editing the fan curve in afterburner or similar should cool it down, but right now the bios fan profile is keeping it happily safe.

In your bios there should be a section for monitoring, in there should should find options for fan speed/temp control.

lukewallach2

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
i read that it should hit between 60-65 when gaming.I am using ryzern master

You are correct. The temp is a bit high so if you did anything using all six cores fully (or not even fully) it would run hotter then thermal THROTTLE itself down to a lower frequency.

You have three choices (I'd consider doing all three... err, if you get a better cooler OPTIMIZE the fan speed not increase it):
a) use the motherboard FAN SOFTWARE to increase the fan speed (I usually have a profile with the fan speed at say 40% max RPM until about 50degC then it just ramps up until 100% load is roughly 80degC or so depending on the CPU)

b) buy a better cooler such as the Noctua NH-D15s ($80USD?) or slightly cheaper

c) CUSTOM BIOS setup to reduce voltage (and keep it stable still). Default setup may have voltage higher than needed for your CPU.

**YOUR TEMPERATURE on setup will vary from other peoples too even with the same exact hardware because of:
a) fan profile
b) case and case fans (recommend TWO input fans and at least one EXHAUST fan at top/rear or top)
c) ambient room temperature
d) silicon lottery (how much VOLTAGE is needed to drive the CPU... every CPU is slightly different)

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Are you using the stock cooler that came with the cpu? If so I don't think 80C is outrageous at full load on the stock cooler. Idle temp is a bit high and that shows that there might be something up with your mount or your paste or the fan is not being controlled by the motherboard correctly, etc.

lukewallach2

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017

the cooler has thermal paste pre-applied

lukewallach2

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
Yes the temps are about 40-42 on idle.How do i set my fan speed in the bios? My 1060 6gb is overheating like crazy too (83 degrees in some games), that's why i just placed an order for 3 more 1600 rpm fans.

83 is only just hot for an nvidia GPU. Editing the fan curve in afterburner or similar should cool it down, but right now the bios fan profile is keeping it happily safe.

In your bios there should be a section for monitoring, in there should should find options for fan speed/temp control.

Solution