[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 with 3200MHZ ram

3lwa

Reputable
Feb 25, 2015
Hi guys
so now i'm build my build tomorrow but i was asking about the ram bus speed
i'm getting ryzen 5 2600 and i heard that ryzen loves fast ram so i was going to get

VULCAN TUF Gaming Alliance DDR4 GAMING MEMORY 3200 2x8 GB

but also i found out that the highest ram for it is 2900MHZ i think , so i'm asking if that''s true as i don't want to be wasting my money and i was asking if also the MB support that ram speed Gigabyte B450M GAMING ??
so what do you think guys BTW i have radeon r9 280x

Solution
in amd website
That's just what AMD officially rates it for, it's possible to run higher. Just like Intel only rates their CPUs for 2666 MHz but can actually run much higher frequencies than AMD typically can.

That being said, running RAM >3000 MHz with Ryzen can be a little tricky from what I hear, safest option is to get something off the motherboard QVL, as said above.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
in amd website
That's just what AMD officially rates it for, it's possible to run higher. Just like Intel only rates their CPUs for 2666 MHz but can actually run much higher frequencies than AMD typically can.

That being said, running RAM >3000 MHz with Ryzen can be a little tricky from what I hear, safest option is to get something off the motherboard QVL, as said above.

Solution