[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 with trident z neo

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
so trident z neo's are designed for ryzen 3000 and x570 platforms.
I have bought asus rog strix b450f
and ryzen 5 2600
I was not able to buy 3600 because the price difference for the processor is 100$.

Question is, is it ok to buy trident z neo (F4-3200C16D-16GTZN) for my asus rog b450f + ryzen 5 2600?

will there be a problem since the module is designed for 3000 and x570, not for 2000s and b450?

Im probably gonna upgrade to 3600 but ill stick with my motherboard, but upgrading to 3600 will take me a long time. So should i go for trident z neo module?

Solution
In theory you don't exactly need a specific type of ram to work with a given platform so long as it conforms to the slot you're trying to populate. You might want to work with only one stick of ram and then make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your board, then populate the second stick to enable dual channel memory mode.

Lutfij

Titan
In theory you don't exactly need a specific type of ram to work with a given platform so long as it conforms to the slot you're trying to populate. You might want to work with only one stick of ram and then make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your board, then populate the second stick to enable dual channel memory mode.

Solution

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018
YUG

So I will first put on 1 stick then install windows? After windows is installed, ill put the other stick? Im not quite sure of what u mean.

And if i dont have the latest bios, is it ok to atleast have the bios needed for ryzen 5 2600? Im pretty scared of updating bios by myself.

Sorry, im not the techy guy

anonymous890

Reputable
Jan 15, 2018

I gotta decide carefully, cause articles say that neo has this different volts, timings etc. that is fitted for 3000s and x570 platform. So i dont really know, kinda worried.