Question Ryzen 5 2600

Feb 13, 2019
I'm having a little problem I've noticed with my cpu speed. When I'm in game i usually have cam up to see what I'm running and I have my cpu "overclocked" to 4000mhz with 1.425 volts on the ryzen master program and in game it shows I'm only getting like 1950mhz on my cpu I've tried overclocking in my bios but it will never let me change the voltage no matter how I change it I would really like some help with this.
Setup: ryzen 5 2600
Thermaltake psu 850 gold
B450-F gaming motherboard
Msi Rtx 2070 OC
Corsair vengance pro rgb at 3000mhz

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Do you have your power profile in Windows 10 (im guessing) set to Performance?? I had a similar thing with my system that Windows would throttle down the CPU based on the power profile in Windows. Make sure you set it to Performance and give that a try. In the latest Windows 10 build the power profile your looking for is "High Performance"

Feb 13, 2019
Do you have your power profile in Windows 10 (im guessing) set to Performance?? I had a similar thing with my system that Windows would throttle down the CPU based on the power profile in Windows. Make sure you set it to Performance and give that a try. In the latest Windows 10 build the power profile your looking for is "High Performance"
I dont know about that one I'm not home right now but I'll definitely look to see if it is

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
As remixislandmusic stated earlier, it's always good to update to the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Download the latest BIOS to a thumbdrive, un-zip (if a zip file) to the thumb drive. Re-boot and enter the BIOS. On ASUS, i believe it is under the TOOL tab. Choose update BIOS and let the file download until completion. Save the BIOS and restart the computer....pretty easy.

In your case I would check the power settings first within Windows 10 if that is what your running. I had the exact same problem with a later build of Windows that would throttle the CPU down based on the Windows power plan.

Feb 13, 2019
As remixislandmusic stated earlier, it's always good to update to the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Download the latest BIOS to a thumbdrive, un-zip (if a zip file) to the thumb drive. Re-boot and enter the BIOS. On ASUS, i believe it is under the TOOL tab. Choose update BIOS and let the file download until completion. Save the BIOS and restart the computer....pretty easy.

In your case I would check the power settings first within Windows 10 if that is what your running. I had the exact same problem with a later build of Windows that would throttle the CPU down based on the Windows power plan.
Alright thank you so much I'll check all this when I get back and let you guys know how it went

Feb 13, 2019

Another thing in cam with no load itll be at the speed I set it but when I go in game it drops to 1900

Feb 13, 2019
I'm having a little problem I've noticed with my cpu speed. When I'm in game i usually have cam up to see what I'm running and I have my cpu "overclocked" to 4000mhz with 1.425 volts on the ryzen master program and in game it shows I'm only getting like 1950mhz on my cpu I've tried overclocking in my bios but it will never let me change the voltage no matter how I change it I would really like some help with this.
Setup: ryzen 5 2600
Thermaltake psu 850 gold
B450-F gaming motherboard
Msi Rtx 2070 OC
Corsair vengance pro rgb at 3000mhz
Ok so I have everything updates and everything and got the power set to high performance and the same speed is still showing up

Dashman9000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Very well could be detected wrong within the game / software if Ryzen Master is showing the cpu speed correctly. You can also check the speed in Windows task manager, look under the performance tab, it should be pretty much what Ryzen Master is showing.

Feb 13, 2019
Very well could be detected wrong within the game / software if Ryzen Master is showing the cpu speed correctly. You can also check the speed in Windows task manager, look under the performance tab, it should be pretty much what Ryzen Master is showing.
Yeah I'll check that as well I updated the bios and everything seems to be doing fine but I'll for sure check that