Question Ryzen 5 2600x cooler is really weird

May 29, 2019
Hello,

I have built my pc 2 days ago and I have noticed weird problem with my cpu cooler ( stock cooler ) the idle temp is 55-70 and at load it reached 96. My cpu fan does not speed up it remains at 2100 RPM at all conditions I have checked my bios it's 100% idk why the maximum speed is 2100 RPM. However, I read on the internet it can reach up to 2800 RPM I tried to speed it up manually but no point the maximum still the same. I can't even hear any noise at stress test.

Is it a cpu fan issue or a motherboard issue?

please how can I increase its speed

MB: MSI b450 Gaming Plus

May 29, 2019
2000RPM is supposed to be the max for the Wraith Spire. Are you overclocking your CPU? If not, you've probably got a poorly mounted cooler, because those temps are insane.
I didn't even overclock it. It's impossible with these temps Also, the case has 4 pre-installed fans and my GPU is really cool but CPU is my problem

May 29, 2019
2000RPM is max for the Wraith Spire. It doesn't need to go higher, there is likely a mounting problem. Are you overclocking your CPU? If so, don't go as high as you are. Those temps are suicide.

I checked on the internet. It can reach up to 2800 RPM are you sure its maximum speed is 2000 RPM otherwise, i have to change it

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Precisely. Your Wraith is likely mounted incorrectly, and you should NOT under any circumstances attempt to pressure your CPU without repairing it. 96 degrees Celsius could kill your CPU. Also, ensure that you can, in fact, edit fan curve and don't just have it set above its limit.

May 29, 2019
Precisely. Your Wraith is likely mounted incorrectly, and you should NOT under any circumstances attempt to pressure your CPU without repairing it. 96 degrees Celsius could kill your CPU. Also, ensure that you can, in fact, edit fan curve and don't just have it set above its limit.

Okay I checked my mounting it wasn't tight enough I suppose. So, I took the cooler out and re-installed it again and I tight it enough I did a stress test about 40 seconds

View: https://imgur.com/UiUO4J0

I hope that worked I need some time to test

May 29, 2019

UPDATE: Unfortunately, the idle temp remains the same 50-60 but gaming performance improved a little bit it hits 85
I might change my cpu cooler because it's not sufficient.

May 29, 2019
stick with 1 thread
Hello,

I have built my pc 2 days ago and I have noticed weird problem with my cpu cooler ( stock cooler ) the idle temp is 55-70 and at load it reached 96. My cpu fan does not speed up it remains at 2100 RPM at all conditions I have checked my bios it's 100% idk why the maximum speed is 2100 RPM. However, I read on the internet it can reach up to 2800 RPM I tried to speed it up manually but no point the maximum still the same. I can't even hear any noise at stress test. If its maximum speed is that then I tried re-installing it to make sure every thing right and tight but still no use. and everything else is cooled except the CPU

Is it a cpu fan issue or a motherboard issue?

please how can I increase its speed or decrease the temperature

MB: MSI b450 Gaming Plus
RTX 2060

Temps on idle conditions

View: https://imgur.com/bHou2jK

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's not the cooler itself (unless the fan has failed). Those coolers are beefy and very effective.

Maybe there's an airflow problem in the case? Is the cooler plugged into the correct CPU fan connector on the MB?

I'm just kind of guessing with those suggestions.

May 29, 2019
It's not the cooler itself (unless the fan has failed). Those coolers are beefy and very effective.

Maybe there's an airflow problem in the case? Is the cooler plugged into the correct CPU fan connector on the MB?

I'm just kind of guessing with those suggestions.

Of course it's plugged into CPU header the case has 4 fans ( 3 in-front and 1 rear)

GPU temp is really cool but CPU is not

May 29, 2019
Of course it's plugged into CPU header the case has 4 fans ( 3 in-front and 1 rear)

GPU temp is really cool but CPU is not

The wraith spire should, indeed, be able to reach 2700 rpm. Do you have two CPU fan headers on your mobo? You could try to put it in the other one and see if there's a difference. If there is your mobo's header is broken, if there isn't it's probably your cooler. Either way, I'd invest 30 bucks and buy a decent tower cooler such as a coolermaster 212. Also three front fans (very strong airflow) isn't that beneficial too horizontal/flat coolers such as the wraith's. Put a tower in and I'm sure your issues are over.

May 29, 2019
The wraith spire should, indeed, be able to reach 2700 rpm. Do you have two CPU fan headers on your mobo? You could try to put it in the other one and see if there's a difference. If there is your mobo's header is broken, if there isn't it's probably your cooler. Either way, I'd invest 30 bucks and buy a decent tower cooler such as a coolermaster 212. Also three front fans (very strong airflow) isn't that beneficial too horizontal/flat coolers such as the wraith's. Put a tower in and I'm sure your issues are over.

I only have 1 fan header can't check
I will try to mount the third fan at the top

May 29, 2019

I tried putting it into a sys fan header and its maximum speed was the same not as you mentioned

May 29, 2019
Mine remains at 2100 RPM idk why but I tried decreasing the voltage since it was 1.3-1.4V and it helped a lot.
I set the voltage at 1.18V by Ryzen master and that helped a lot in the performance. Still I need some time to test it.
I tried to fix that voltage in the bios but it won't boot up.