Question Ryzen 5 2600x How to set stock values (3.6ghz)?

Apr 7, 2019
Hi all,

I searched for similar cases but I didn't found one, so here I am posting the issue I'm having:

My 2600x is working 4.0 by default to my surprise, I thought it will use the stock value (3.6). I updated the chipset, then the BIOS using the the latest version downloaded from the Gigabyte site (I have a B450M DS3H). I entered the BIOS and changed the clock values to 3.6 but when I save and exit and log in to Windows 10, the values are all at 4.0, I'm using HWMonitor and Ryzen Master to check all of this by the way.

I checked the Power usage profile and it is set to Ryzen Balanced with the minium processor state at 5% and the maximun at 100%. My Windows 10 is also up to date (version 1803)

Not sure what else to try, I mean I can change the values on Ryzen Master but you need to do that everytime you log in, so that's not an option. I dont understand what is causing to dismiss the BIOS setting when logging in to Windows. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 7, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
I want to have the option to go stock. I set everything in the bios to 3.6 but when windows loads it goes 4.0
I also want to go stock because I tried some games and the cpu temp went pass 80C and the fan is way too loud.
Im not sure why the bios setting are no been saves when logging in to windows10

Apr 7, 2019
What are you using to monitor frequency?
Im using both HWMonitor and Ryzen Master. Basically whatever option I change in the gigabyte bios wont take efect when logging in to Windows10.
I disabled the Core Performance Boost option because I want to use it with stock values and it keeps going up to 4.0 when check with these programs. Also disabled PBO and yet the clocks are running 4.0ghz

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019
Just wanted to give you guys and update, maybe this help other people in the same situation:

The problem was the latest BIOS version from Gigabyte (F30) I just downgraded to the previous one (F4) and it worked!

Thanks to all who answered my post!

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Apr 7, 2019
You running on the stock cooler? If you are running at 80C during gaming on stock operation (which does mean boost is on), somethings wrong.

Make sure the cooler is seated properly.

Glad you were able to fix it man.

It got 80C while trying out The Division 2 (came free with the cpu) max settings with the cpu auto overclocked (4.0ghz) It didnt go past 80 but yeah it's not best temperature I think.
I'm using the stock cooler yes, If in the future I want to oc the cpu I will buy the cooling parts accordingly.

TRENDING THREADS