Ryzen 5 2600x. I want to lower the temperatures?

xlonewolfx456

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
So recently completed my PC build and its been running great but I find the temps quite high.

The CPU idles around 45c (overclocks itself even while its idle lol).
Chrome usage - it hits 60-62c
Gaming - hovers b/w 70-77c and peaks at 81c.

Read a lot of posts and I know these temps are pretty normal considering that the XFR 2.0's auto overclocking.

Even while casual browsing the CPU overclocks itself to 4.25Ghz. However, it steps down to 3.9-4.0Ghz while gaming since it crosses 65c mark. Doesn't go over 82c though.

So the concern is that this week I'm going to add a NVMe (ADATA SX8200) drive and it'll sit right between the CPU and GPU (that's where things are really hot especially the GPU's back plate). Wondering if this will lead to thermal throttling on the drive.

Case is NZXT H500 with 3 intake (2 front, 1 up) and 1 exhaust fan (back). Tried 2 intake (front) and 2 exhaust (back and up) but things seem to work better with 3 intake and 1 exhaust.

Mother board: MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC.

I've never done overclocking before and have no intentions to, just thinking if I can stabilize the temps since I'm using the stock cooler. As it stands right now, at times the CPU overclocks itself when not needed and auto-volts at 1.4+. I see in the ryzen master utility at time the voltage dynamically increases and decreases within the 1.3 to 1.45v range.

Is there anyway I can control it and say limit it to something like 1.3 or 1.35v or even lower and set it up in a way that it overclocks to whatever it can with XFR's help within the voltage limits?

I'm from India, so its generally hot during summer.

Thanks!

xlonewolfx456

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

LOL. We are going off topic.

Anyone voltage advice please?

xlonewolfx456

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

Appreciate it but was looking for solution on the voltage front.